Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Merge/move SIPP to Workplace pension Scheme?

Recommended Posts

Just wondering people's thoughts on the following:

I have a SIPP with AJBell, currently just held as cash, value approx 10k, and a workplace pension through my employer but held at Aviva (as are many people's pensions).

Obviously I want to get the SIPP out of cash and into an investment, and while its a useful sum, its not a massive amount!  Obviously there's millions of options, but I am favouring either:

1) Keep where is and invest in "Vanguard Lifestrategy 80 acc", cost of platform is 0.25%, cost of Vanguard is 0.22% I believe, so total cost 0.47%.  Performance is good with last 5years showing +3, +22, +10, -4, +16.

2) Move the cash to my work pension - currently invested in "My Future Growth" which seems to be basically a World tracker (19% fixed interest, 72% world equity, 9% UK equity).  Now this is a new fund, so only shows limited performance, but from 1 Jul 18 to 30 Jun 19 it was +8.4, and from 1 April 18 to 30 Sep 19 shows +14.4, which also seems pretty good.  Charges are even better at 0.15% for the platform and 0.15% for the fund, so 0.3% overall.

Having just read Lars Kroijer's book - Investing Demystified, he emphasises basically all one needs is some bond and a world tracker - eg 20% bonds, 80% MSCI world index.... and minimise charges and fees.

Seems to me both of my options above are pretty similar to that, but if anything the workplace option is slightly cheaper, although has limited performance record.  Obviously theres other options to try to beat the market with other funds, but many argue this doesnt work long term.

Just interested in people's thoughts, Thanks :)


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 343 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?

      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.