House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Converted Lurker

Spinning The Web Of Deceipt

"This is perhaps the most revealing part of the survey. A massive 84% of vendors indicated that they would consider an offer below their asking price. Surely this is an indication of the panic selling that could ensue later this year? No mention of this in comparison to previous surveys indicating that a vendor would not consider any offers below their asking price."

http://firstrung.co.uk/articles.asp?pageid...articlekey=1242

". A massive 84% of vendors indicated that they would consider an offer below their asking price. "

Don't be silly. Asking price is asking price. Except at the top of the market people expect to get knocked down a bit. It's built into the price.

What does amaze me is that 15% want to hold out for the asking price. That's a pretty sure fire way to not sell a house in almost any market unless, of course, the house is competitively priced in the first place.

When you go to a garage to buy a new car do you pay the 'sticker' price, or do you 'negotiate' a bit off?

Houses are just the same, but with more zeros.

Edited by JohnG

When you go to a garage to buy a new car do you pay the 'sticker' price, or do you 'negotiate' a bit off?

You've obviously never bought a house in Scotland then!

Don't be silly. Asking price is asking price. Except at the top of the market people expect to get knocked down a bit. It's built into the price.

What does amaze me is that 15% want to hold out for the asking price. That's a pretty sure fire way to not sell a house in almost any market unless, of course, the house is competitively priced in the first place.

Absolutely.

You've obviously never bought a house in Scotland then!

Personally, no. Did 13 years there. Too f*cking cold, it piss*s it down, and hardly any decent jobs :P

Was glad to get away when age allowed. Different house buying procedures barely compensate for buying into a cultural and economic void in comparison to england!

OT - As for scottish MPs getting an oars in on english politics while enjoying a certain degee of devolution, lets see how they would fare truly and independently without english funding, inc. the depletion of north sea oil ..... maybe they can develop industries in heather exportation / highland midge repellants / adventure holidays hunting haggis / :lol:

Yeh, yeh, don't do me with the "did you know Edinburgh was the culture city 200x...." :P

Absolutely.

Personally, no. Did 13 years there. Too f*cking cold, it piss*s it down, and hardly any decent jobs :P

Was glad to get away when age allowed. Different house buying procedures barely compensate for buying into a cultural and economic void in comparison to england!

OT - As for scottish MPs getting an oars in on english politics while enjoying a certain degee of devolution, lets see how they would fare truly and independently without english funding, inc. the depletion of north sea oil ..... maybe they can develop industries in heather exportation / highland midge repellants / adventure holidays hunting haggis / :lol:

Yeh, yeh, don't do me with the "did you know Edinburgh was the culture city 200x...." :P

Vote for an English parliament then and stop being a little englander. I am sure Scotland will remain ever grateful for all the oil money we in England allowed it to keep. What a load of claptrap you write.

Vote for an English parliament then and stop being a little englander. I am sure Scotland will remain ever grateful for all the oil money we in England allowed it to keep. What a load of claptrap you write.

Indeed. I've never put anyone on ignore, but Xian is very close.

Perhaps xenophobe would have been a better name to chose.

NDL

Hmm. not quite there are you, allow me to bring you up to speed :P In previous polls pollsters have suggested that they will not under any circumstances accept a lower offer. Now 85% say yes they would and you have to dissemble the PR nonsense to find that. Simple point ;)