House Price Crash Forum
Aidan Ap Word

Is this a statement on Krusty's career?

4 hours ago, juvenal said:

Looks like it's cottage pie again....

It's the only thing you can afford after taking out a mortgage on a house she recommends. It might actually only be mashed potato.

"Simple recipes for modern families"

Add a overpriced house add some fillings on HP coat with HPI, sprinkling of grey paint and twigs and bake in the oven for 30 years.

Warm pie, the ingredients were cheap but after 30 years the pie cost 50x more than the sum of parts.

Love krusty and soux chef phil.

Saw Krusty & Phil on TV last week, they both looked dog rough stood in the bright sunshine.

£25 for a very soft-lit photo of Krusty, some grilled cherry tomatoes, and a pic of what looks like an empty plate!

An estate agent writing a cook book? Why not have cooks working as estate agents? They might do a better job...Hugh Fearnly whittingstall might conclude a modern over priced shoe box is not fit for his pigs.

On 23/09/2019 at 14:16, Aidan Ap Word said:

2019-09-23_14-12-31a.thumb.jpg.319dfd8d5466625962fb8c91757cc88d.jpg

Personally I would be a bit gutted if the overpriced asset I bought was then devalued by 84% ... but I am just a worker bee.

*sigh*

This is when I used to buy 'Vis' annuals, post Xmas markdowns.  By the way for non Vis readers, its a better and more absorbing read than Krustys 'helping the rich to relocate and enjoy life' programs.

15 hours ago, Wayward said:

An estate agent writing a cook book? Why not have cooks working as estate agents? They might do a better job...Hugh Fearnly whittingstall might conclude a modern over priced shoe box is not fit for his pigs.

Just another YaYa semi upper class know-all adding to her portfolio of 'hobby' jobs.     Read a few years go in one of the right wing rags about how easy it was to make £30kpa without education and every single job was an example of lady Janes daughter or whoever took up dog walking in Kensington or  decided to run a marque business during the school holidays to make some fun money, customers lined up via family connections and their country mansion parties etc.  Like we all can.

As for Hugh, well sans BBC cameras, nepotism and cronyism  he would have given up in the first year trying to establish his pretend businesses out in the sticks, the locals would have undermined every move he made.

3 hours ago, steve99 said:

Just another YaYa semi upper class know-all adding to her portfolio of 'hobby' jobs.     Read a few years go in one of the right wing rags about how easy it was to make £30kpa without education and every single job was an example of lady Janes daughter or whoever took up dog walking in Kensington or  decided to run a marque business during the school holidays to make some fun money, customers lined up via family connections and their country mansion parties etc.  Like we all can.

As for Hugh, well sans BBC cameras, nepotism and cronyism  he would have given up in the first year trying to establish his pretend businesses out in the sticks, the locals would have undermined every move he made.

I think artisanal nut butters were all the rage a few years ago, and before that, jam??

Reading this stuff and quite a few similar threads in the last few days, I get the distinct impression that the real world is about to pay Fantasy Island a long overdue and unwelcome visit.

Maybe we weren't careful enough about we wished for.

On ‎24‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 23:11, Diver Dan said:

I'm surprised she didn't try recommending making a cheeky offer to the bookseller of £24.99.

But then Phil retorted  'In this fast moving book market you really should be putting in an offer over asking price'

8 hours ago, Andy T said:

But then Phil retorted  'In this fast moving book market you really should be putting in an offer over asking price'

Stretch further and buy now...don't miss the boat

She’s done it – and if this hard-working millennial can buy her own home, anyone can (apparently)

https://propertyindustryeye.com/shes-done-it-and-if-this-hard-working-millennial-can-buy-her-own-home-anyone-can-apparently/

She’s done it – bought her own home, that is.

And if the Duchess of Southwark can do it, then any “hard-working millennial” can – and “without whining about it”.

Sophia Plantagenet de Pole, 24, successfully saved up a £30,000 deposit in just two years, simply cutting back on takeaways and Ubers, taking a packed lunch to work three days a week, and by living on her parents’ large Surrey estate for 18 months to save on rent.

The Duchess, who earns £24,000 a year in PR and is heir to a £2.8bn fortune, paid £150 a month to her parents to contribute to bills, housekeeping and servants.

The self-sacrificing Sophia was able to stash away £1,000 in savings every month – helped along by owning both a medium-sized Angolan gold mine and 400,000 shares in Google which she received as a 21st birthday present.

With the help of her godmother Kirstie Allsopp, Sophia found the perfect starter home – a two-bed, one-ballroom flat in Belgravia for a little under £2.6m.

Sophia said: “My story shows that with a bit of hard work anyone can do it, and without the help of the Bank of Mum and Dad.”

This was, by the way, the New Statesman and not the Daily Mash or Private Eye reporting on Sophia’s momentous achievement.

In America – home of fake news – the irony seems to have escaped some who read the story with puzzled interest.

One posted up: “I’m a millennial (28 years old) from the Midwest and know several people my age from fairly average families who have both paid off student debt and put down payment on a respectable home.

“Is housing really that insane elsewhere?”

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2019/10/millennial-buys-own-home-cutting-out-luxuries-and-being-duchess-southwark

13 minutes ago, rantnrave said:

She’s done it – and if this hard-working millennial can buy her own home, anyone can (apparently)

https://propertyindustryeye.com/shes-done-it-and-if-this-hard-working-millennial-can-buy-her-own-home-anyone-can-apparently/#comments

She’s done it – bought her own home, that is.

And if the Duchess of Southwark can do it, then any “hard-working millennial” can – and “without whining about it”.

Sophia Plantagenet de Pole, 24, successfully saved up a £30,000 deposit in just two years, simply cutting back on takeaways and Ubers, taking a packed lunch to work three days a week, and by living on her parents’ large Surrey estate for 18 months to save on rent.

The Duchess, who earns £24,000 a year in PR and is heir to a £2.8bn fortune, paid £150 a month to her parents to contribute to bills, housekeeping and servants.

The self-sacrificing Sophia was able to stash away £1,000 in savings every month – helped along by owning both a medium-sized Angolan gold mine and 400,000 shares in Google which she received as a 21st birthday present.

With the help of her godmother Kirstie Allsopp, Sophia found the perfect starter home – a two-bed, one-ballroom flat in Belgravia for a little under £2.6m.

Sophia said: “My story shows that with a bit of hard work anyone can do it, and without the help of the Bank of Mum and Dad.”

This was, by the way, the New Statesman and not the Daily Mash or Private Eye reporting on Sophia’s momentous achievement.

In America – home of fake news – the irony seems to have escaped some who read the story with puzzled interest.

One posted up: “I’m a millennial (28 years old) from the Midwest and know several people my age from fairly average families who have both paid off student debt and put down payment on a respectable home.

“Is housing really that insane elsewhere?”

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2019/10/millennial-buys-own-home-cutting-out-luxuries-and-being-duchess-southwark

Just incredible.

If it's a repayment mortgage, that'll be about £12k a month - on a 24k salary?

30k deposit would be a 99% LTV mortgage!

53 minutes ago, rantnrave said:

https://propertyindustryeye.com/shes-done-it-and-if-this-hard-working-millennial-can-buy-her-own-home-anyone-can-apparently/

This was, by the way, the New Statesman and not the Daily Mash or Private Eye reporting on Sophia’s momentous achievement. .....

Brilliant! Thanks so much for posting. I laughed so hard I nearly choked on my frothy coffee and avo and eggs on artisan rye toast 😆

2 hours ago, Switch625 said:

Brilliant! Thanks so much for posting. I laughed so hard I nearly choked on my frothy coffee and avo and eggs on artisan rye toast 😆

Did you not get 400,000 Google shares on your birthday ??

51 minutes ago, longgone said:

Did you not get 400,000 Google shares on your birthday ??

I got my grandads watch on my 21st. Still treasure it to this day.