House Price Crash Forum
Mikhail Liebenstein

Dutch resisting tiered interest rates

Now this is an interesting story and explains why the Euro is a bad idea: https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/dutch-parliament-tells-ecbs-draghi-180731816.html

I'm ardant remainer, and my biggest fear is that overly simplistic Brexiters are actually walking the UK into the Euro long term. The basis of this is that Brexit will never work and we will crawl back into the EU in a few years if we do! 

7 hours ago, reddog said:

Do you not think the euro might collapse before the UK seriously considers joining?

When the UK leaves the EU. The EU will die 

That's why they refuse to let us leave. 

As for drahgi compensating bankers which robbing the people of europe blind... He should be draghied out and hung from a lamppost imho. 

10 hours ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Now this is an interesting story and explains why the Euro is a bad idea: https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/dutch-parliament-tells-ecbs-draghi-180731816.html

I'm ardant remainer, and my biggest fear is that overly simplistic Brexiters are actually walking the UK into the Euro long term. The basis of this is that Brexit will never work and we will crawl back into the EU in a few years if we do! 

While there are known drawbacks with theEuro due to different EU countries requiring different interest rates, this problem seems to be more about the ECB choosing to favour one group (banks) over another group (pension funds). Poor little Netherlands, even though they pay more into the EU net per capita than any other EU country (I believe), are realizing they are going to be shafted.The big failing German and French banks will be favoured by Brussels over their well managed pension funds and prudent behaviour.

1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

When the UK leaves the EU. The EU will die 

That's why they refuse to let us leave. 

As for drahgi compensating bankers which robbing the people of europe blind... He should be draghied out and hung from a lamppost imho. 

Draghi really shouldn't be doing anything. What the EU needs is a surplus recycling mechanism for distributing excess German savings to the eurozone periphery. I can think of four off the top of my head.

Btw, the Dutch economy is booming.

netherlands-gdp-growth-annual.png?s=negd

As is Spain.

spain-gdp-growth-annual.png?s=spnagdpy&v

And even Greece.

greece-gdp-growth-annual.png?s=gkgnvyy&v

17 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

And even Greece.

greece-gdp-growth-annual.png?s=gkgnvyy&v

"Booming" hahahaha

You haven't even got labels for your axis, nor a description of how the figures were reached.

In order to survive, the EU needs to let these banks fail, but that would make it 'not the EU'. There is no future for this foul Mafia organisation.

Edited by Locke

36 minutes ago, Locke said:

"Booming" hahahaha

You haven't even got labels for your axis, nor a description of how the figures were reached.

In order to survive, the EU needs to let these banks fail, but that would make it 'not the EU'. There is no future for this foul Mafia organisation.

All the data were taken from here.

https://tradingeconomics.com/

If you know anything about economics the numbers are self-explanatory.

Greek business confidence has already returned to pre-crisis levels.

greece-business-confidence.png?s=greeceb