House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
doomwatch

Metro Campaign

I personally am sick of the "doomster" label trotted out in the free rag Metro and it's pompous parent the Evening Standard.

If you feel the same, write into the Metro (and/or evening Standard) letters section as I have just done.

Sooner or later the censorship will slip if there are enough letters on this topic, as I see it as a major

issue in this country.

My letter went like:

To: mail@ukmetro.co.uk

Title: Doomsters ?

Content:

Why do the media refer to people who realise that property is massively overvalued and due for correction as "doomsters", like it's a good thing that a whole generation has been priced out by the Buy-To-Let stampede around the country.

SW12 0207 xxxxxxx

I seriously doubt they'll care. The Metro's 'stories' are 50% advertisements. "Apple to release new iPod" etc.

Their Money section is also brought to you by Egg, the credit card company :o, so I'd imagine the Property section is similarily 'sponsored' by a mortgage broker or builder.

It is free afterall.

Edited by HPCheese

I seriously doubt they'll care. The Metro's 'stories' are 50% advertisements. "Apple to release new iPod" etc.

Their Money section is also brought to you by Egg, the credit card company :o, so I'd imagine the Property section is similarily 'sponsored' by a mortgage broker or builder.

It is free afterall.

I didn't pick one up today (none left), so from now on I'm not going to bother. I gave up the Evening Standard 3 years ago.