House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Big Orange

USA On Easy Mode.

3 hours ago, Big Orange said:

George Soros is the object of obsession for idiots to spread anti-Semitic/Judeophobic conspiracy toss to gain power. The polarisation has been scary to see.

So Soros doesn’t do any lobbying or direct funding to influence how he thinks societies should be run?

Chucking in the anti-semitic jibe is similar to Remainers branding Brexiteers as ‘wacist’. 

14 minutes ago, Ghostly said:

So Soros doesn’t do any lobbying or direct funding to influence how he thinks societies should be run?

Chucking in the anti-semitic jibe is similar to Remainers branding Brexiteers as ‘wacist’. 

Lol super weird some people don't bother mentioning the Kochs when they talk about billionaires lobbying. 

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/lobby.php?id=d000000186

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_activities_of_the_Koch_brothers

But of course it all comes down to if you agree with what they want, and nothing to do with the ethics of buying government. Ethics are conveniently malleable. 

RW interference - no problem. LW interference - down with this sort of thing!  

1 hour ago, PeanutButter said:

Lol super weird some people don't bother mentioning the Kochs when they talk about billionaires lobbying. 

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/lobby.php?id=d000000186

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_activities_of_the_Koch_brothers

But of course it all comes down to if you agree with what they want, and nothing to do with the ethics of buying government. Ethics are conveniently malleable. 

RW interference - no problem. LW interference - down with this sort of thing!  

Why would I bother mentioning something that wasn't the subject of the conversation? It's 'super weird' how Big Orange just wants to 'assert' certain things into existence.  

There are lobbying groups at all points of the political spectrum. That wasn't the issue being raised.

I notice you didn't answer the question in my post.

Edited by Ghostly

9 hours ago, Big Orange said:

George Soros is the object of obsession for idiots to spread anti-Semitic/Judeophobic conspiracy toss to gain power. The polarisation has been scary to see.

That's hilarious. From what I remember of his infamous TV interview, Soros worked with the Nazis to confiscate Jewish property in WWII, said it was one of the best times of his life, and he didn't feel bad about it.

Yet you can only yell 'anti-Semitism!'

The man literally worked with the Nazis against the Jews, and has been involved in funding pretty much every anti-Western organization out there in the last few years. Yet you're defending him.

I guess you're right in a way, though: Soros probably has done more to spread anti-Semitism than his Nazi friends ever did. I'm quite amazed that Mossad haven't had words with him yet.

Edited by MarkG

4 hours ago, PeanutButter said:

Last I remember, the Kochs were working with Soros to promote open borders.

The right don't exactly like them, either.

On 13/07/2019 at 14:36, Ghostly said:

I voted Brexit and accusations of racism have worn thin, a long time ago.

Sorry, I did intentionally accuse anybody outright for being prejudice, but George Soros is far too often a dog whistle that people fall for (even he and many other lobbyists are seemingly short circuiting the democratic process).

4 hours ago, Big Orange said:

I voted Brexit and accusations of racism have worn thin, a long time ago.

Sorry, I did intentionally accuse anybody outright for being prejudice, but George Soros is far too often a dog whistle that people fall for (even he and many other lobbyists are seemingly short circuiting the democratic process).

Fair play. I do get where you're coming from and I've seen those people who blame 'the Jews' for everything.

On 16/07/2019 at 18:33, Ghostly said:

Fair play. I do get where you're coming from and I've seen those people who blame 'the Jews' for everything.

Thanks for the calm reply.

I do think America today, in the 2010s, feels vaguely like Soviet Russians in the 1980s.