House Price Crash Forum
Burbujista

Mark Carney’s Lies

Recently we have heard a lot about Boris Johnson being accused of lying to the public and being taken to court as a consequence.

My question is, would it be possible to do the same with Mark Carney using videos like this?

He essentially ensures that there will not be another boom in house prices, and that they would restrict Help to Buy if that was posing a risk to financial stability.

Recently we have heard a lot about serious blows to financial stability if Help to Buy is stopped. So... he has lied and not done exactly what his responsibilities were, having ensured to the public that this wouldn’t be the case.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/consumer-affairs/housing-market-dealt-serious-blow-new-home-sales-use-help-buy/

What are your thoughts?

I can't watch the clip as I'm still at work, but I think Carney wasn't campaigning for a public vote. He was just full of it. Lying will never be illegal, but lying in certain circumstances can land you in trouble (e.g. fraud, medical, etc).

As much as I dislike Carney his statements are difficult to establish direct cause and effect, when financial instability arises it will be impossible to prove it is because of HTB

The guy going after Boris is clearly trying to make a career for himself with a non story. He is exploiting the remainers upset to manufacturer a career. If he/voters cannot distinguish between gross and net and base their votes on what is written on a bus then that is their problem not a problem with a campaign.

This guy attempts to portray himself as smart but comes across as dim whilst Boris does the opposite. Boris will take this in his stride and will spin it to his advantage

Edited by Killian

Yep, that was an outright lie. The whole point of QE was to reflate house prices back up to bubble prices. And the BoE didn't stop there and allowed London and the south to inflate further.

Stupid to think that the rules apply at the top. 

You either shoot him or he goes Scot free. And let's face it, there isn't one among you that's willing to shoot him.

Untermensch does not get to hang Uber mensch. Now get back to work. 

Youll have Boot Polish telling you he knows best if you don't all pipe down. 

Mervo the Clown got a Knighthood, a Peerage, a four million pound pension, an oil-painting of himself and a silver salver worth £25,000 when he retired. Recall, he oversaw the systemic collapse of the UK financial services industry and the first run on a British bank in 150 years. On that basis, I'd suggest that the prospect of hauling his successor before a court of law to answer questions of professional misconduct is thinner than Donald Trump's hairline.

Why even post pictures and videos of this odious dispicable scumbag? I expect he will waltz back off to canada with a fat pension paid for by working tax payers living in their 400k shitbox. Welcome to 2019.

3 hours ago, zugzwang said:

Mervo the Clown got a Knighthood, a Peerage, a four million pound pension, an oil-painting of himself and a silver salver worth £25,000 when he retired. Recall, he oversaw the systemic collapse of the UK financial services industry and the first run on a British bank in 150 years. On that basis, I'd suggest that the prospect of hauling his successor before a court of law to answer questions of professional misconduct is thinner than Donald Trump's hairline.

This.  If you or I commit a crime, we are arrested and then tried in a court of law.  When the rich or famous commit a crime, they are politely asked to answer a few questions at a select committee hearing.  And most of the questions they have to answer are idiotic, as they come from sycophantic, grandstanding politicians interested only in getting a soundbite for the news.