House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Henrik

Estate agent today - house prices floundering

Forge prices forthe moment.

The number of house sales needs to to 2 to 3 more than it currently is.

Youve loads of boomer retiring wholl have to downsize - reduction in income, BTL portfolio needs offloading ASAP.

Anyone trying to pitch the current market, with generational low transaction levels, as anything other than a massive disaster is an idiot. Or an EA. Or Pol.

1 hour ago, rantnrave said:

If this is what EAs are saying in public, it must be much, much worse... (for their vendors)

Or .... if EAs are saying this in the time between Easter and the new School year, when the chains are plodding along ...... then the market is screwed.

This type of quitter talk is saved for after September, when the sales have completed.

There must be a huge number  of 'Computer/MMR says 'No' going on..

9 hours ago, Boo Hoo May said:

Can this comment said to have come from a V.I., or is that spreading dirt?

Which particular quote are you referring to?

27 minutes ago, Henrik said:

Which particular quote are you referring to?

The comments that the housing market is "going nowhere".  Any criticism of an index, suggesting there may be a second agenda at work, is met with howls of protest, like calling it from a V.I. is fake news.  I am saying the indexes are not published as a public service,  but to continue the madness as long as possible and give employment to the  afflicted and touched.

1 hour ago, Boo Hoo May said:

The comments that the housing market is "going nowhere".  Any criticism of an index, suggesting there may be a second agenda at work, is met with howls of protest, like calling it from a V.I. is fake news.  I am saying the indexes are not published as a public service,  but to continue the madness as long as possible and give employment to the  afflicted and touched.

Oh I see, yes definitely agree on the reason for indexes being published (*maybe* with the exception of the land registry, but as it's several months out of date it's more or less useless IMO).

However, at least now they acknowledge that the market isn't as buoyant as they'd like, so that's a positive in my book :)