House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDavola

GP Reccomendations in South/Central Belfast Needed (NHS or Private)

I live in Belfast city centre and for the past few years I have been a member of University Health, but their waiting times have always been appalling (typically 3 or 4 weeks) and it's now gotten to the point where they're actually flat out refusing to give you an appointment unless it's an emergency, citing a 6 week waiting list to see a doctor.

So it's effectively useless and I need to change to another NHS practice - does anyone have any recommendations that are within a 20 minute walk or so of the university area?

In the mean time I may have to consult a private GP so if anyone has any recommendations in that regard in Belfast that would be appreciated.

I would recommend Dr. Gilmore.

Balmoral health clinic on the Lisburn road is great!

Seen within 24 hours the last time I called up.

13 hours ago, zamo said:

I would recommend Dr. Gilmore.

Balmoral health clinic on the Lisburn road is great!

Seen within 24 hours the last time I called up.

Thanks for the tip, I'll check them out.

12 hours ago, prozac said:

Are you being serious, is it that difficult to see a GP in belfast?

It's the main GP for the university about 100ft away. 25k students, a large % international, place a lot of pressure on the demand. It's my GP, I've only been a few times but it was always packed with young mothers and international students. 

You could try knightsbridge on the lisburn road if you want to see one today. It's included in my insurance so dont know the cost. They might even take NHS. 

1 minute ago, 2buyornot2buy said:

You could try knightsbridge on the lisburn road if you want to see one today. It's included in my insurance so dont know the cost. They might even take NHS. 

How do private GP's work - obviously I pay for the appointment but if they order blood work do I pay for that too?

13 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

How do private GP's work - obviously I pay for the appointment but if they order blood work do I pay for that too?

Yes you pay for lab tests too. 

They will be relatively cheap.

Edited by 2buyornot2buy