Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
GrizzlyDave

For sale - Boris Johnson’s house

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, rollover said:

Is he ready to move to number 10 Downing Street?

I think he’s getting divorced.

So he probably only needs an apartment in a convenient central London location.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, smash said:

Hyper-inflated sense of value that compensates for tedious interiority. Garden indicates laziness.

My 15ft x 15ft concrete garden was a major selling point of the house for me.

Big enough to hang the washing out with zero gardening needed :D.

For those of us that hate gardening, the bigger the garden the bigger the mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, longgone said:

earns 80k a year but has a 4m quid house 

 

up to no good 

He reportedly earns £275k per year for his weekly Telegraph column. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Orb said:

He reportedly earns £275k per year for his weekly Telegraph column. 

 

 

No idea his mp wage certainly is not buying that. 

Nice work if you can get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

My 15ft x 15ft concrete garden was a major selling point of the house for me.

Big enough to hang the washing out with zero gardening needed :D.

For those of us that hate gardening, the bigger the garden the bigger the mess.

Same here, well we had a boarder with some plants in it, once a year i pull put the weeds in the boarder and between the cracks in the slabs, spray some weed killer and thats the gardening done for another year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Freezer? Best place for it said:

I applaud your gardening, BUT weed killer is ghastly both for you, and the environment.  I say this not as a tree hugger. 

We use salt + vinegar + washing-up liquid, really effective and doesn't poison our daughters dog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
On 18/05/2019 at 21:49, smash said:

Hyper-inflated sense of value that compensates for tedious interiority. Garden indicates laziness.

Not just laziness, but a lack of both vision & appreciation for what he has.

It's a pretty narrow townhouse, but has a decent sized garden in PCL, open on one side to what looks like a small park & a big canal. Boris obviously couldn't have been bothered to do anything himself, but getting a garden designer in would have made that a fantastic garden - perhaps with a raised bbq area at the far end overlooking the canal - not only a great place to spend the summer, but would have added to the value of the house he's trying to sell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/05/2019 at 10:29, longgone said:

earns 80k a year but has a 4m quid house 

 

up to no good 

It probably wasn't £4 million when he bought it.  I would look on Zoopla but I can't see the house number.

One house in the same road went from £800k to £3million in 14 years!!!

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/property/28-colebrooke-row/london/n1-8as/15055659

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Freezer? Best place for it said:

And people still wonder why Politicians are unfit for anything.  I say put Chris Grayling in charge of maximising house prices. 

If you read the book the Blunders of our Governments you will realize that Chris Grayling is possibly not even in the top 10 of politicians who have wasted money.  Prescott and Brown beat him just on the London Underground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iamnumerate said:

It probably wasn't £4 million when he bought it.  I would look on Zoopla but I can't see the house number.

One house in the same road went from £800k to £3million in 14 years!!!

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/property/28-colebrooke-row/london/n1-8as/15055659

No idea when he bought it.  

it`s probably worth 2 million plus 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, longgone said:

No idea when he bought it.  

it`s probably worth 2 million plus 

True of course he (like other unfaithful men) has not gained from HPI (at least with respect to this home he might have others).

If we had had zero HPI since we bought, it would be a lot cheaper for him to divorce his wife and buy a similar house.

Obviously I don't feel sorry for him but it does reinforce what I have always said about HPI  - it benefits very few people, sadly some people who have not benefited, think they have which is why it gets popular support.

 

Edited by iamnumerate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/05/2019 at 11:05, Freezer? Best place for it said:

And people still wonder why Politicians are unfit for anything.  I say put Chris Grayling in charge of maximising house prices. 

🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/05/2019 at 11:05, Freezer? Best place for it said:

And people still wonder why Politicians are unfit for anything.  I say put Chris Grayling in charge of maximising house prices. 

Lol, that is so evil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/05/2019 at 18:23, Orb said:

He reportedly earns £275k per year for his weekly Telegraph column. 

 

 

So he earns more than £5200 PER WEEK just for writing a few hundred words!!??? 

Pun not intended, but........ Words fail me at this point! 😟

Edited by anonguest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, anonguest said:

So he earns more than £5200 PER WEEK just for writing a few hundred words!!??? 

Pun not intended, but........ Words fail me at this point! 😟

Trouble is there are thousands of people like him. The public have been brainwashed to what people earn. Graduates earning 40k  thinking they have struck the jack pot. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/05/2019 at 09:47, Monkey said:

 spray some weed killer and thats the gardening done for another year. 

Awful stuff, poisoning everything around it (including you).  Just pour vinegar on the weeds or pull them (or leave them)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 312 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.