House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

longgone

Clapham is a millennial dump

17 hours ago, longgone said:

What the fook has happened to this place. Posh talking millennials everywhere £5.65 for a naff Guinness 

Stayinbednexttime#

I'm sure they love you too.

I went to some great all night parties in Clapham, in the 60s, It certainly wasn't posh then. I remember walking down the High St at 09:00AM, drinking out of a party seven... happy days :D.

3 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

Wrong area. Look more North. 

camden ?

3 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

I went to some great all night parties in Clapham, in the 60s, It certainly wasn't posh then. I remember walking down the High St at 09:00AM, drinking out of a party seven... happy days :D.

Its not posh now just youngsters happy to pay £50 for 6 cocktails.  Although i would happily pay £8 for a red bull and vodka in the 90`s  😄

i thought the 60`s was the Era of love hippies and Lsd 😉 

14 minutes ago, longgone said:

camden ?

Its not posh now just youngsters happy to pay £50 for 6 cocktails.  Although i would happily pay £8 for a red bull and vodka in the 90`s  😄

i thought the 60`s was the Era of love hippies and Lsd 😉 

That was the late 60s and early 70s.

Ha, I well remember Clapham being a good deal less 'sort after' , as too many EAs will put it. 

A colleague who rented a flat there used to refer to it in pisstake Lady Muck voice as ClapARM. This was in the 70s - showing my age now.