House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
nome

Yet More Taxpayer Help for Property Owners...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48211833

Not seen this mentioned elsewhere on here, Government now stumping up £200m of taxpayers money to pay for the replacement of dangerous cladding.

I can understand the need for a degree of urgency in this matter but why, when they initially said they wouldn't pay for it have they now said they will?

More help and support for property owners, especially, I suspect, in this case a large proportion of whom will be BTL landlords.

Why not at least place a charge on the property so the costs can be recouped when the owners sell? ESPECIALLY if those owners are landlords.

6 minutes ago, nome said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48211833

Not seen this mentioned elsewhere on here, Government now stumping up £200m of taxpayers money to pay for the replacement of dangerous cladding.

I can understand the need for a degree of urgency in this matter but why, when they initially said they wouldn't pay for it have they now said they will?

More help and support for property owners, especially, I suspect, in this case a large proportion of whom will be BTL landlords.

Why not at least place a charge on the property so the costs can be recouped when the owners sell? ESPECIALLY if those owners are landlords.

Pretending to help out the proles and win votes whilst at the same time benefiting their own kind.

These sorts of things should have been done in the form of a loan that the property developers are obliged to pay back and which would follow the board members of the property companies around like student debt in case they tried to go bankrupt to clear it.

8 hours ago, longgone said:

blame is firmly with the manufactures of the insulation material.  

And by extension the govt, for not regulating them properly.

2 hours ago, Si1 said:

And by extension the govt, for not regulating them properly.

government = tax payer though 99.9% of the time. most would blame the developer but they use what is supplied and all of that should have gone through testing first. i have no idea why you would put something flammable on the outside of a house with no containment anywhere.