House Price Crash Forum
PeanutButter

House prices will be impacted...

9 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

5fd78202-3918-4cc3-9406-9fae483e17aa.jpg

are you Andrew Marr  per chance ?

Farage said he would be happy to opt out of NHS for private....if many did this we could still have the NHS with less load.....and yes if you havent paid into this system...and you rock up from the 3rd world without insurance....get lost...i was in US recently...if i did not have insurance i would not get treated or i would and i would get a very big bill.....

The one thing to avoid is the american insurance based system but this is easily done

4 hours ago, Spindler said:

For cheap and only cash..."banks refuse to lend there".....

I do not take a position currently on climate change debate.....apart from the climate changes on its own and always has if anyone thinks climate is a fixed thing the world over, over time is utterly dim beyond belief......the question on top of that are we contributing to the change ?

What is happening in this village has and would happen if mankind had no effect on climate change......once upon a time there was no english channel and this land mass was connected to europe by a land bridge......did humans cause that land bridge to fall beneath the waves...of course not.......perhaps it was¬† mammoth farts ūüėĀ

I wouldn't say those most recent sales are particularly 'cheap' considering the fate of the properties and the timescale involved.

They'd certainly need to be a hell of a lot cheaper to personally tempt me to buy a house there that will be worthless in 25 years, or possibly much sooner.   

4 minutes ago, nome said:

I wouldn't say those most recent sales are particularly 'cheap' considering the fate of the properties and the timescale involved.

They'd certainly need to be a hell of a lot cheaper to personally tempt me to buy a house there that will be worthless in 25 years, or possibly much sooner.   

I agree but it's like those short leaseholds you see.....for the right price someone may be interested....heck if you get 10/15/20 years out of it would be a retirement pad or a better holiday home than a caravan and then write it off..of course its value is going to go to zero....just lemons in this country cant seem to treat property as a disposable asset aka like a car....who cares what its worth in 25 years if you got value out of it....

Edited by Spindler

21 hours ago, PeanutButter said:

The ideal location for any of our resident denialists (who are after all smarter than NASA) to finally prove they aren’t just bluffing.

The completed purchase of a house in Fairbourne would certainly put to rest any lingering doubts we may have over their exhaustive scientific research which contradicts every respected environmental organisation on earth.

Unless of course, it’s all just bluster...

:D 

Tick tock.

Win some, lose some. Sandwich is now 3 km (1.9 mi) from the sea and no longer a port.

5 hours ago, sexton said:

Win some, lose some. Sandwich is now 3 km (1.9 mi) from the sea and no longer a port.

Try Wells next the Sea at the top of Norfolk, not least because it's a really nice place to visit, at least imho.

Even 45 years ago the lifeboat station was nowhere near the sea and a new one had by then been built. I suspect another one will be on the way soon.

The conical thing was, when I visited there were crowds of people there on a cold March Sunday, looked like most of Norfolk's population. I never found out why but if anyone on here knows I'd love to be told.

9 minutes ago, Bluestone59 said:

Try Wells next the Sea at the top of Norfolk, not least because it's a really nice place to visit, at least imho.

Even 45 years ago the lifeboat station was nowhere near the sea and a new one had by then been built. I suspect another one will be on the way soon.

The conical thing was, when I visited there were crowds of people there on a cold March Sunday, looked like most of Norfolk's population. I never found out why but if anyone on here knows I'd love to be told.

image.png.034b5a0486aa0fed7e90361a8b15797b.png

3 hours ago, Bluestone59 said:

Eustatic sea level change is when the volume of water in the oceans changes and everywhere experiences a change in sea level.

Isotatic sea level change is local and is because the land itself had changed its height, not the sea, owing to geological tectonic plate processes. It's happening to Britain because the North of the island was pressed down by the weight of kilometres thick ice sheets in the last ice age. So the North is rebounding back and land is rising above sea level (hence false beaches in Scotland that make tremendous golf courses). And parts of the South are experiencing sinking and very high rates of coastal erosion. So there you go.

So Norfolk should be experiencing net local sea level RISE and enhanced erosion.. At a guess this is dumping sand at Wells next the sea, otherwise I can't work out why the old lifeboat station has got further from the sea, seems counter intuitive....

Edited by Si1