House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
burk

"The estate agent needs to pull his finger out"

Ear-wigging a conversation yesterday whilst hanging internal doors. Heard the above comment from a friend of the customer who came round to gossip/moan - turns out she had her house on the market here in the New Forest for nearly a year and no one had viewed it and shes on EA number four now and still no interest.

When i mentioned maybe the price might need adjusting, well - if looks could kill, still - i went back to my sanding with a lovely warm fuzzy feeling the rest of the day.

To say its a sea of for sale boards around me is putting it mildly............

Edited by burk

5 minutes ago, burk said:

Ear-wigging a conversation yesterday whilst hanging internal doors. Heard the above comment from a friend of the customer who came round to gossip/moan - turns out she had her house on the market here in the New Forest for nearly a year and no one had viewed it and shes on EA number four now and still no interest.

When i mentioned maybe the price might need adjusting, well - if looks could kill, still - i went back to my sanding / laughing my **** off in my head at this idiots indignity. 

Well from The Halifax April 2019...aparrently they are flying off the shelves......

11 hours ago, giesahoose said:

Stuff is flying where I am. Really not surprised by this news. Scotland the job market is scorching too. Lots of folk chasing good houses. Not sure what would turn the market just now

Is this HappyGuys back up account......? Because I smell.....a

image.png.0dbc088744d92449bece4f0362d7945c.pngTROLL

of course HappyGuy or not Houses are not flying.......i reiterate tale from SE....of a friend...started 305k 2 years ago..selling price 237k....its a leasehold which i hate but as leaseholds its not bad ..its near a station...its near the river....its near the town...it has 2 big bedrooms......he is STR and then to buy..very pragmatic unlike New Forest Woman......she seems to think an EA can make someone buy it.....all they do is make the introduction and stick it on RM.....

She sounds like most vendors...self appointed .property moguls but really wthout a clue about the process....its almost like its against the laws of the universe to backtrack on price in these muppets heads

Edited by Spindler

People expect that because they are in the New Forest area/ Under the New Forest District Council it adds 20% to the price, above normal kite flying.

1 hour ago, Monkey said:

People expect that because they are in the New Forest area/ Under the New Forest District Council it adds 20% to the price, above normal kite flying. 

trouble is, when the MSM put out articles like:

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/jul/31/buyers-pay-premium-live-national-park-snowdonia-new-forest

they can only sit on their pot of gold and rub their hands with glee...until they attempt to sell.

Physical Gold as an asset can always be sold for spot or invested in via miners or other financial instruments making it an asset class....thus can be liquidated quickly for the prevailing going rate...

Property is an asset but it's not an asset class because it is illiquid as New Forest Woman is finding out......the market is trying to impose price discovery on her but she's not having any of it  ?

One year...no viewings...4 Estate Agents.....much as i hate this ploy.. she'd be better off lowering massively and having offers over...to start a bidding war.....far too complex....can someone tell her she doesnt have to sell if she doesnt like the resulting price.....

At least 1 EA must have mentioned this....but she probably stood firm..i can hear her now.......the Price is the Price.....sounds like an opiate dealer from a gangster film

6 hours ago, Spindler said:

Physical Gold as an asset can always be sold for spot or invested in via miners or other financial instruments making it an asset class....thus can be liquidated quickly for the prevailing going rate...

Property is an asset but it's not an asset class because it is illiquid as New Forest Woman is finding out......the market is trying to impose price discovery on her but she's not having any of it  ?

One year...no viewings...4 Estate Agents.....much as i hate this ploy.. she'd be better off lowering massively and having offers over...to start a bidding war.....far too complex....can someone tell her she doesnt have to sell if she doesnt like the resulting price.....

At least 1 EA must have mentioned this....but she probably stood firm..i can hear her now.......the Price is the Price.....sounds like an opiate dealer from a gangster film

Totally agree with the above, i see it exactly the same - fantasy and reality finally colliding after 20 plus years. Judging from her indignity  i got the impression shes been fairly unencumbered  buying 'em flipping 'em and walking off the lot with mad gains. Seems the music appears to have stopped for her, must remember popcorn  for lunch next time i'm there.................

New Forest is special ...

All the high paying jobs in the commutable  towns - Sals, Soton, Bmouth, Bstoke - have gone.

On 09/05/2019 at 07:54, burk said:

When i mentioned maybe the price might need adjusting, well - if looks could kill, still - i went back to my sanding with a lovely warm fuzzy feeling the rest of the day.

Whereabouts in the New forest? I grew up on the outskirts, and have a relative who just paid £1m for two 2 bed terraces converted into one house.

13 hours ago, Sausage said:

Whereabouts in the New forest? I grew up on the outskirts, and have a relative who just paid £1m for two 2 bed terraces converted into one house.

St Leonards / Ringwood, (Western edge)