House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mikhail Liebenstein

Brexit Party full of same types as UKIP

30 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

So all those dropping UKIP due to the fascism, sexism and homophobia etc need to take a close look at the Brexit Party.

Every bit as bad by the looks of it.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/06/brexit-party-mep-candidate-praised-use-of-nazi-slogan

The Brexit party has a diverse range of candidates from all backgrounds from what I can tell, so I don't think people are going to buy the fascism, sexism and homophobia slurs from the remainer left.

You vote for the least worst party anyway because that is all you can do.

On 06/05/2019 at 13:12, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

So all those dropping UKIP due to the fascism, sexism and homophobia etc need to take a close look at the Brexit Party.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/06/brexit-party-mep-candidate-praised-use-of-nazi-slogan

It’s got to the point where the left use the term racist so much in an attempt to smear I’ve switched off to it and don’t care. Cannot even be bothered to click the link.

On 5/6/2019 at 1:12 PM, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

This Party is getting to you isn't it ?

And I can't be bothered to click on your smear link either 😉

Edited by Spindler

11 hours ago, LetsBuild said:

It’s got to the point where the left use the term racist so much in an attempt to smear I’ve switched off to it and don’t care. Cannot even be bothered to click the link.

I’d like to point out I am not left wing.

I’d actually like to see benefits slashed (especially pensions) and more NHS private provision.

It’s mainly the Brexiters I know who are left wing - in their mind seeing benefits as some sort of competitive sport with immigrants.

Any exit polls/predictions available for yesterday's vote?  Unlike General Elections there isn't a law against publishing them so you have to wonder why they are being kept quiet .....

I have been looking too but have not found much and have read it is illegal for any that were made to be published.  The nearest Proxy I have found is by using the Betfair betting markets.

The market for Brexit party share of votes had some fluctuations on the day but has settled as pretty much a two horse race between 30% and 40%, with over 40% slowly drifting outwards and being less likely.  The market is here:  https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/politics/market/1.158459621

There are other markets too and it is not close to a perfect guide of results but if any unofficial exit polls had been predicting anything significantly different then the "smart money" would be betting accordingly.

10 minutes ago, Ghostly said:

Where's your evidence for the first sentence?

Remainers don;t need evidence...they occupy the moral and intellectual high ground......don;t you know 😉

On 06/05/2019 at 13:12, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Bad mouthing roughly a third of the vote???  Yes, they are all fascist.  Bless.

7 hours ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

So remain wins!

You appear to have as much as a grasp of reality as Gordon Brown, Alistair Campbell, or Tony Blair.  This denial is staggering. A third who voted Brexit clearly didn't know what they were doing.

33 minutes ago, Boo Hoo May said:

You appear to have as much as a grasp of reality as Gordon Brown, Alistair Campbell, or Tony Blair.  This denial is staggering. A third who voted Brexit clearly didn't know what they were doing.

Nope 40% remain parties. 34% Brexit when totted up.

2 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Nope 40% remain parties. 34% Brexit when totted up.

To decide that all votes for “Remain” Parties are Remain is absurd and dishonest, but hey,  it is the EU, and voters are only people.

4 minutes ago, Boo Hoo May said:

To decide that all votes for “Remain” Parties are Remain is absurd and dishonest, but hey,  it is the EU, and voters are only people.

On which basis I can use 50% of the Brexit Party voters were ardent remainders who just happen to like light blue.

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein

24 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

On which basis I can use 50% of the Brexit Party voters were ardent remainders who just happen to like light blue.

You can also believe fairies exist, and you hear voices.  Please get real, rather than live in your own fantasy world.

1 hour ago, Captain Kirk said:

UKIP only got 27% in 2014. That translated to a 52% vote to leave.

But this time Farage made the mistake of treating the Euros as a proxy referendum - which he then lost on share of the vote.

It’s clear which way the wind is blowing. Look how Corbyn reacted.

1 hour ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

But this time Farage made the mistake of treating the Euros as a proxy referendum - which he then lost on share of the vote.

It’s clear which way the wind is blowing. Look how Corbyn reacted.

It's strange how winning is losing and losing is winning in remainer land. You are forgetting Brexit + Ukip want a WTO Brexit, Tories want a treaty Brexit, and Labour want to both leave and remain. I'd call that a win for leave.

16 hours ago, Errol said:

149330142_EUElectionResultsbyRegion2019.thumb.jpg.eeb1ca60e0e4007760417cda5673ac0b.jpg

... a clear win for Remain!   😂

I doubt that the BP can form a coherent political party for everyday politics as they are quite politically diverse with only the issue of Brexit uniting them... But this shows that if they target the constituencies of pro-remain Tories and Labour in a General Election that will be seen as a proxy Brexit vote, they can really do some damage to them.

On 28/05/2019 at 10:49, Sour Mash said:

... a clear win for Remain!   😂

I doubt that the BP can form a coherent political party for everyday politics as they are quite politically diverse with only the issue of Brexit uniting them... But this shows that if they target the constituencies of pro-remain Tories and Labour in a General Election that will be seen as a proxy Brexit vote, they can really do some damage to them.

I think it's fair to say that in a FPTP election, Brexit would have had an outstanding majority in Westminster! I agree with you though, I can't see this party coming together to produce a manifesto that addresses anything other than brexit.

The difference between the Scottish vote and the rUK stands out. Good news for the SNP, another wedge in the union!