House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OzzMosiz

Best Isa, Savings, Current Account, Credit Card

I need help finding the best ISA / Savings and Credit Card deals. Now moneysavingexpert is good, but often out of date. Anyone recommend any money related forums or good sites?

I can then keep tabs on all these an move when required.

I need help finding the best ISA / Savings and Credit Card deals. Now moneysavingexpert is good, but often out of date. Anyone recommend any money related forums or good sites?

I can then keep tabs on all these an move when required.

try alliance and leicester :)

try alliance and leicester :)

Funny you should say that, I'm going into see them on Saturday with the girlfriend

as she has an savings account she needs to sort with them!

I'll check em out now.

best savings account is ICICI - www.icicibank.co.uk

Current account? Any. I use Barclays but do dislike the £2k transfer limit per day.

Credit card? I use barclaycard - Always pay this off every month.

+ virgin, where I have a £2k debt interest free.

ISA? I use portman www.portman.co.uk they are probably not the best rates, but do continously offer good rates. Ignore introduction bonuses with Cash ISAs as if the rate is poor after the bonus, it will cost a lot to move it.

I also have other accounts for convienvce. E.g: another current account for £50 spare cash in it. Ing Direct, but took most money out after it dropped its rates. Newbury building society (opened when I was a kid), I will keep money in there for carpet bagging (well sort of).

Hope that helps.

Edited by Jason

I switched to Alliance and Leicester recently, their ISA (5.2% at the moment) and their "Online Saver" at 5.15% for when the ISA's maxed. If you can be bothered (I haven't) opening a current acc, their £250pm drip feeder pays 10%

Doubt they'll hold these rates for long though. I think this year the banks are finally going to get the sub-24h electronic transfer sorted out, which will allow us to shift accounts to the top rate without losing 4 or 5 days interest as at present...which usually wipes out most of the gains you get by moving to a rival, higher interest account!

Edited by Leodhasach