House Price Crash Forum
ebull

BTLer finds solution to losses

"pension pot"  😂 😂

I have recently found out that PIL grow weed in their home and sell it. Have been doing so for at least a few years. This has stressed me out but I do not know if I'm overreacting or not.

Their reasons for this is that they were making a loss on a few buy to let flats they have in a nearby town and were worried about their pension pot - I find this irritating as they aren't hard up and they aren't exactly on the breadline even if they aren't minted

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/3575829-to-have-lost-all-respect-for-pil?messages=100&pg=1

[PIL = parents in law]

and reading on

Yes they have done something to their electricity meter I think they are cagey about it never let anyone in to do readings etc

7 minutes ago, ebull said:

"pension pot"  😂 😂

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/3575829-to-have-lost-all-respect-for-pil?messages=100&pg=1

[PIL = parents in law]

and reading on

Only way to make money from indoor dope growing is to mess with your leccy meter.

If they have frigged their meter and are growing pot then they ought to worry less about their pension and more about prison and losing the house they live in.

I find this weird

For example they are extremely pro brexit and openly disapproving about a lot of immigrants.

And

they were making a loss on a few buy to let flats

Most BTLers are very pro immigration - more customers.

1 hour ago, iamnumerate said:

I find this weird

And

Most BTLers are very pro immigration - more customers.

Yes - I smell a rat.  BTLers are unlikely to be anti immigration...particularly if they are making a loss and need higher rents.

8 hours ago, spyguy said:

Only way to make money from indoor dope growing is to mess with your leccy meter.

If they have frigged their meter and are growing pot then they ought to worry less about their pension and more about prison and losing the house they live in.

My word. Crap BTLrs, crap lenders, and now crap dope growers. Do you suppose the govt could bail them out?

On 03/05/2019 at 15:30, spyguy said:

Well an expert on the subject you may be, (or not), but you are somewhat out of date, there's these new things called LEDs. Amazing invention , you should check them out.

24 minutes ago, Steve Smith said:

Well an expert on the subject you may be, (or not), but you are somewhat out of date, there's these new things called LEDs. Amazing invention , you should check them out.

LED's aren't quite there yet when compared to traditional HiD or HPS lights in terms of colour spectrum or intensity, (lumen output). CFL's run cooler but you'd need sh**tloads of them to get close to HiD or HPS.

Yes, I'm an expert.

1 hour ago, mspL4 said:

LED's aren't quite there yet when compared to traditional HiD or HPS lights in terms of colour spectrum or intensity, (lumen output). CFL's run cooler but you'd need sh**tloads of them to get close to HiD or HPS.

Yes, I'm an expert.

An expert on electric lighting, or on growing dope? (We are entitled to know)

2 hours ago, Steve Smith said:

For light yep.

But you also need heat and extractor fans.

The fans are essential. I walk by a few dope houses and the palces stink to high heaven.

1 hour ago, Si1 said:

An expert on electric lighting, or on growing dope? (We are entitled to know)

I'm an expert on Electric Lighting. I based my thesis on growing Tomatoes, Peppers and Tobacco hydroponically using different types of light, comparing yields, ripeness & flavour. The HPS seemed to produce the best results across the board. I'd imagine it'd be pretty similar for any crop but as pointed out above you'd need to mask odours and such if using hydroponics for anything illegal. LED's were not far off but didn't generate as much yield, especially with the Tomatoes, and are more expensive and more difficult to maintain/replace.

1 minute ago, mspL4 said:

I'm an expert on Electric Lighting. I based my thesis on growing Tomatoes, Peppers and Tobacco hydroponically using different types of light, comparing yields, ripeness & flavour. The HPS seemed to produce the best results across the board. I'd imagine it'd be pretty similar for any crop but as pointed out above you'd need to mask odours and such if using hydroponics for anything illegal. LED's were not far off but didn't generate as much yield, especially with the Tomatoes, and are more expensive and more difficult to maintain/replace.

That's what they all say. 

39 minutes ago, mspL4 said:

Ah 'Tomatoes' and 'Peppers' n 'Tobaccy ''

wink wink.

In my younger days ... when i smoked a bit ... i used to get bored sh1tless about the grower going on n on n on about Pink Floyd and Gong and the like.

Nowadys I get bored sh1tless listening to the grower bang on about light spectrum and optimal growing plans.

Dont do drugs kids.

57 minutes ago, Council estate capitalist said:

Is it possible to buy some kind of scrubber that removes the odour before putting the gasses out of the chimney/boiler flue?

Or do the criminals just find it easier to rent a house, fit it out cheaply, install an illegal immigrant to tend the plants and if it gets raided who cares. 

Just find a cheap rental. Biggest risk is the scrubs next door breaking in and helping themselves to your crop.

On 03/05/2019 at 15:30, spyguy said:

Why's that?

21 minutes ago, Locke said:

Why's that?

1) The electricity would cost a fortune.

2) Youd be flagged b ythe leccy compnay as you are using the same as a small commercial greenhouse.

The leccy companies do track usage and report to the Police.

On 05/05/2019 at 16:56, Council estate capitalist said:

Is it possible to buy some kind of scrubber that removes the odour before putting the gasses out of the chimney/boiler flue?

Or do the criminals just find it easier to rent a house, fit it out cheaply, install an illegal immigrant to tend the plants and if it gets raided who cares. 

They tend to have a plastic surround, for insulation and to direct the stink, which goes into a carbon filter.