House Price Crash Forum
houseface2000

What jobs do HPC's do? and what do you earn ?

Just wondering what people on this forum do for a living and earn ? I get the impression the most prolific posters work in IT and earn £50k + am I right ?

I am a Photographer and earn £22k

I'm going to be honest and say - I don't want to reveal either.

You may get more answers if you structure this as two anonymous polls...

25 minutes ago, crouch said:

an income appropriate to someone who has led a totally undistinguished life full of non achievement.

😄 Honesty is the best policy. 

4 hours ago, houseface2000 said:

Just wondering what people on this forum do for a living and earn ? I get the impression the most prolific posters work in IT and earn £50k + am I right ?

I am a Photographer and earn £22k

I take quite a few pictures but nobody pays me... do a mixture of jobs/work for little or sometimes no pay. Have worked for many years selling time and paying taxes......what you do and how much are paid is not a judge of who you are or what you are worth, don't  believe what they tell you. 😉

Stuff like photography is never going to be an earner, hasn't been for many years. I'm a hobbyist photographer and I appreciate the skill and talent to consistently take good photos, also proper use of lightroom etc is skillful and creative. In the digital era taking pictures ain't never going to be a great living. I would expect "professional" photographers to be rich kids who can afford it.

1 minute ago, smash said:

Stuff like photography is never going to be an earner, hasn't been for many years. I'm a hobbyist photographer and I appreciate the skill and talent to consistently take good photos, also proper use of lightroom etc is skillful and creative. In the digital era taking pictures ain't never going to be a great living. I would expect "professional" photographers to be rich kids who can afford it.

It depends on what photos they take.

Most EAs have a photographer with a wide angle lens who's expertise is making houses look bigger without making the doors wider than they are high. You can always tell, of course, if you know the aspect ratio of household items.

7 minutes ago, smash said:

Top wedding togs cost thousands and get booked up 2 years in advance. 

4 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

It depends on what photos they take.

Most EAs have a photographer with a wide angle lens who's expertise is making houses look bigger without making the doors wider than they are high. You can always tell, of course, if you know the aspect ratio of household items.

Do EAs employ photographers? The composition of pics I look at are terrible, the shadow of the snapper holding the camera up and crap like that. Those obvious wide angle or even fisheye shots are out there though and they're funny.

5 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

Top wedding togs cost thousands and get booked up 2 years in advance. 

I reckon that kind of thing is going to be largely business skills though, building a rep. and marketing yourself properly. At my brother's wedding not too long ago I was watching what the guy was doing (and he weren't cheap) and saw all the photos and don't reckon that's difficult photography. Not difficult to get smiley portraits of people on a wedding day. Probably good business though if you know all the intricacies of the business.

3 minutes ago, smash said:

Do EAs employ photographers? The composition of pics I look at are terrible, the shadow of the snapper holding the camera up and crap like that. Those obvious wide angle or even fisheye shots are out there though and they're funny.

They sometimes talk about "sending a photographer" to take the shots for the details, just don't expect David Bailey.

24 minutes ago, byron78 said:

I'm probably in the 1% but I inherited. And it won't stop me dying in a couple of years. 

I am thinking of a startup business that makes people younger, so far I have only been able to decrease the ageing effect.

Interested?