House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lombardo

14% of UK firms in “significant financial distress”

The bulk of the economy is house prices...what remains is shrinking because of the reduced velocity of money due to debt servicing on mortgages...student loans..car loans...credit cards etc etc........i see sterling going at some point below the USD and the Euro....thats a line in the sand that the proles will wake up to....**** to expensive to go to Florida....***** too expensive to go to Benidorm...maybe thats why Thomas cook said more people are going to egypt and other destinations...?

I went to Hurghada once...****hole looked like a plastic tracy island.....but boy was it cheap to drink and eat....

16 minutes ago, Spindler said:

The bulk of the economy is house prices...what remains is shrinking because of the reduced velocity of money due to debt servicing on mortgages...student loans..car loans...credit cards etc etc........i see sterling going at some point below the USD and the Euro....thats a line in the sand that the proles will wake up to....**** to expensive to go to Florida....***** too expensive to go to Benidorm...maybe thats why Thomas cook said more people are going to egypt and other destinations...?

I went to Hurghada once...****hole looked like a plastic tracy island.....but boy was it cheap to drink and eat....

No, its not.

People always get excited about housing without realising how little effect it has.

~70% oif dwellings dont have a mortgage on them.

Of the ones that do, ~80% pay off the mortgage no matter what.

Sure, housing can provide a blip. But the fall out from Browns credit bubble far exceeds the short blip.

I read the article, because I wondered how they new this? Explanation, It is the findings from their 'research'. I am still not convinced. How would this company of insolvency practitioners be able to put a number or percentage on something, so wooly as 'significant financial distress'

Flipping this round, the insolvency practitioners are so not busy, they had time to do some pointless research?

43 minutes ago, Spindler said:

...maybe thats why Thomas cook said more people are going to egypt and other destinations...?

Can't wait to see British tourists bitching on the evening news about how they aren't being evacuated fast enough, next time there is a terrorist attack in Egypt, Turkey or Tunisia.

9 minutes ago, reddog said:

Can't wait to see British tourists bitching on the evening news about how they aren't being evacuated fast enough, next time there is a terrorist attack in Egypt, Turkey or Tunisia.

We had acquired an empire that was a quarter of the planet with such a defeatist attitude 

1 hour ago, prozac said:

We had acquired an empire that was a quarter of the planet with such a defeatist attitude 

We? 

My family had quite a bit of it. Not sure many of you proles did...

1 hour ago, byron78 said:

We? 

My family had quite a bit of it. Not sure many of you proles did...

next you will be saying you are upper class

5 hours ago, Spindler said:

Not so sure about the Dollar, that looks flakey too.

At that point, it's probably Gold all the way.

9 hours ago, jimmy2x3 said:

there are many advantages to being poor, for one you can just pack a suitcase and your off

Rich Americans live up to 15 years longer than poor peers, studies find

Health insurance system – the most expensive in the world – is worsening situation, researchers find, arguing healthcare should be treated as human right

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/apr/06/us-healthcare-wealth-income-inequality-lifespan 

14 hours ago, prozac said:

16 minutes ago, prozac said:

Health insurance system – the most expensive in the world – is worsening situation, researchers find, arguing healthcare should be treated as human right

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/apr/06/us-healthcare-wealth-income-inequality-lifespan 

was watching Breaking Bad recently for the first time..wow...but my point is you learn about their healthcare system or lack of it...unless you're one of the elite....actually one of the few things that makes you glad to have a Uk Passport for that alone.....their medical profession is totally captured by the money men...people would rather die than lumber their family with debt

i can see why with what goes on in the states..why ex pat yanks actually give up their passports.....even if it is a difficult process and costs about 6k dollars....

3 hours ago, prozac said:

Rich Americans also get their own firefighters rather than using convicts earning $1 a day. 

As multiple devastating wildfires raged across California, a private firefighting crew reportedly helped save Kanye West and Kim Kardashian’s home in Calabasas, TMZ reported this week. The successful defense of the $50 million mansion is the most prominent example of a trend that’s begun to receive national attention: for-hire firefighters protecting homes, usually on the payroll of an insurance company with a lot at risk.  

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2018/11/kim-kardashian-kanye-west-history-private-firefighting/575887/

23 hours ago, prozac said:

OK, tell us your history about the empire days

East India Company for my family mainly. Grew up playing tiddly winks with buttons and old silver rupees.

Unless your family had shares or stock in most of the private organisations that drove colonialism it's unlikely you benefited much.

Sadly some slave trading in my family history if you go back a little further as well.

I'm related to Thomas Thynne amongst others. In my 80th year now.

Grew up playing tiddly winks with buttons and old silver rupees.

Do you think young people have it better nowadays? With all that entertainment and information available to us today on the Internet, I don't know how I managed to go through my childhood without it. 

East India Company for my family mainly. Grew up playing tiddly winks with buttons and old silver rupees.

Unless your family had shares or stock in most of the private organisations that drove colonialism it's unlikely you benefited much.

Sadly some slave trading in my family history if you go back a little further as well.

I'm related to Thomas Thynne amongst others. In my 80th year now.

You seem a bit bitter, your posts appear more Yaxley, I guess you never amounted to anything, you don’t have the vision of Rhodes 

27 minutes ago, prozac said:

You seem a bit bitter, your posts appear more Yaxley, I guess you never amounted to anything, you don’t have the vision of Rhodes 

I have no idea what any of that means. 

29 minutes ago, lombardo said:

Do you think young people have it better nowadays? With all that entertainment and information available to us today on the Internet, I don't know how I managed to go through my childhood without it. 

My grandkids seem happy enough.

Swings and roundabouts maybe? 

We certainly had more freedom and space. 

Not always a good thing I guess. I was born just before WW2 and spent the best part of my childhood exploring burned out buildings and unexploded munitions.