House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bingley Bloke

Natural Gas Prices – Did You Know?

Did you know?

Between June and December last year natural gas increased in price by more than 50%?

I guess you did know that 'cause the energy companies were very quick to point it out and use it to justify another raft of shocking price increases.

Did you know?

Since December last year the natural gas price has slid all the way back to last June's price?

Now I bet your friendly energy supplier hasn't let that one slip!

Did you know?

Between June and December last year natural gas increased in price by more than 50%?

I guess you did know that 'cause the energy companies were very quick to point it out and use it to justify another raft of shocking price increases.

Did you know?

Since December last year the natural gas price has slid all the way back to last June's price?

Now I bet your friendly energy supplier hasn't let that one slip!

That if I'm not mistaken is a graph of US natural gas futures. They have fallen as gas supplies have slowly come back onstream after the hurricanes. Given that there is no gas pipeline across the Atlantic, what is happening on the US nat gas market has zero impact on what happens here. UK gas prices are still high and will be for the foreseeable future.