House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mjn

Weather

So that it's not all about house prices. Is everyone enjoying the summer sunshine ☀ 

3 hours ago, dougless said:

but why would anyone want to try Cyprus in August?

Those who don't like the north pole ??

What I'm going to say now is about weather but it's not off topic I may be breaking the forums rules.  Is this hot weather going to effect the spring bounce by increasing buyer activity. Sorry if I broke the rules

1 hour ago, mjn said:

What I'm going to say now is about weather but it's not off topic I may be breaking the forums rules.  Is this hot weather going to effect the spring bounce by increasing buyer activity. Sorry if I broke the rules

Yes, negatively. The EAs and indices will say people had BBQs instead of buying houses. Wrong type of weather. Rain, snow and wind are also the wrong type of weather.

On 22/04/2019 at 22:33, Ghostly said:

Yes, negatively. The EAs and indices will say people had BBQs instead of buying houses. Wrong type of weather. Rain, snow and wind are also the wrong type of weather.

Indeed. Two much or too little can negatively affect it. Also the right amount but at the wrong time of year.

Blame anything but admit your pyramid scheme topped some time back...and now you have all the fun of a deflationary market.

One thing has occured to me ...so many people just dont see many things in Uk property for what they are eg leasehold ..HTB etc

but there is one thing and we're not long into it....... is how people react to falling prices...i think we are seeing the signs of this now...the only time for a long time this has occurred was back circa 2008/2009...but low rates stopped it and then HTB etc reversed it....

so for a lot of people a falling market is something totally new..they eagerly sign up when prices are rising but they dont when they are falling....media come out with the usual bs...snap up a bargain...but it doesnt work too well...i guess this is why TPTB fear price falls so much because they become self fulfilling.......and are very hard to turn around wthout some external stimulus......and outside of pensions or HTB outside the new market....it aint happening

5 hours ago, Spindler said:

Blame anything but admit your pyramid scheme topped some time back...and now you have all the fun of a deflationary market.

One thing has occured to me ...so many people just dont see many things in Uk property for what they are eg leasehold ..HTB etc

but there is one thing and we're not long into it....... is how people react to falling prices...i think we are seeing the signs of this now...the only time for a long time this has occurred was back circa 2008/2009...but low rates stopped it and then HTB etc reversed it....

so for a lot of people a falling market is something totally new..they eagerly sign up when prices are rising but they dont when they are falling....media come out with the usual bs...snap up a bargain...but it doesnt work too well...i guess this is why TPTB fear price falls so much because they become self fulfilling.......and are very hard to turn around wthout some external stimulus......and outside of pensions or HTB outside the new market....it aint happening

Although we have gone off topic (weather), I would agree with Spindler that people don't really understand falling markets because they are outside their experience and the MSM tends to be in denial about such things until far too late.  I think we may, at last, be witnessing the long anticipated fall in property prices and I don't think it will take much negative news, weather or otherwise, to accelerate it.