House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sausage

Oz hpc

2 hours ago, Sausage said:

I know a guy who moved to syd about a year ago. I warned him, prices are falling, you should hold off buying. No, no, he just had to buy a massive house ASAP.

Horse to water etc.

Just now, PeanutButter said:

I know a guy who moved to syd about a year ago. I warned him, prices are falling, you should hold off buying. No, no, he just had to buy a massive house ASAP.

Horse to water etc.

Email him this article 

Just now, prozac said:

The common denominator in both is the loss of money coming from China

I can see big drops in both countries 

But:

Beijing has been flooding the market with credit, with total social financing up 40 percent so far this year. Notably, the source of funds is expanding beyond banks, indicating an uptick in shadow activity. Yet fixed-asset investment is up only 6 percent from last year. That means loans aren’t heading into areas that will boost the real economy. Meanwhile, companies aren’t getting paid what they’re owed, and account receivables are building up.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2019-04-17/china-1q-gdp-rosy-data-can-t-hide-an-economic-downturn

We always seem to come back to these two questions: Where does the money come from? where does the money go?

4733D907-4988-4D7D-B889-EC3A92635761.jpeg

2 minutes ago, prozac said:

Email him this article 

I emailed him plenty of articles prior to his purchase. No point talking to him about it now. He’s one of those men who always knows he’s right.

4 minutes ago, dryrot said:

seriously real estate ad ? You'd need to be banker/trader to afford that lifestyle at that age and even then at the top of the tree...

8 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

I emailed him plenty of articles prior to his purchase. No point talking to him about it now. He’s one of those men who always knows he’s right.

i bet he's paying attention now

unless he's used a lot of his own equity say made here...if he is heavily levered he has just commited financial suicide ! Oz is going to be the poster child for the lunancy of the boom and recast as the star in the epic CRASH.....there have already been localised wipeouts in the mining towns a few years back...now this show is going on the road to the big cities

Edited by Spindler