House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Council estate capitalist

HTB facebook adverts... Getting desperate

I recently found that my once-trusty ad-blocker is now failing to stop this sort of crap getting into my news feed.

There seems to be very little interest in them tbh and I do my best to post factual and restrained comments / links about the horrors of HTB / new builds on those I do come across. Seems that nobody with a VI is monitoring them as the comments don't appear to get deleted.

While I bitterly resent the tidal wave of advertising that internet content providers try to drown us with (thankfully the adblockers take care of 95% of it with FB being the only "problem page"), I think these FB "news feed" ads are a bit of a golden opportunity tbh. The comment facility allows such ads to be deconstructed / undermined / questioned in a manner that is directly attached to the ad - so potentially anyone viewing the ad also sees the criticisms attached to it.

Given the limited interest in such ads comments are limited reducing the potential for anything negative to get quickly buried in a sea of positive interest from debt-hungry muppets.

I don't think it's outside the realms of possibility that if implemented well the attachment of criticism to such ads could potentially cause more damage to their cause than the ads do to support it. IMO it's beautifully ironic that the ad becomes the carrier / host for the agent of its own undoing :D

Anyone for a little propaganda campaign? I think I might set some time aside today to gather a range of anti-new-build / anti HTB articles from a range of news sources and construct some pro-forma comments to copy and past into these ads :)

2 minutes ago, mrtickle said:

I'm more than happy to copy and paste anti-HTB facts if I see any related ads, yep!

Grand :)

Perhaps we could pool some links here then mix and match them ourselves / tailor them to specific ads or house builders to target their specific weaknesses such as quality issues / profits / executive pay etc.

Probably want to keep things as varied as possible as simply pasting the same generic response on all of them will flag it as an orchestrated campaign which IMO would lose it credibility and leave it open to action by facebook..

1 minute ago, Spindler said:

"Help to Buy will make you cry"        Why did nobody here think of that one :)

Am i being cynical that if not now there was at one point a billboard with "90% sold" on it ? 😉

2 hours ago, Kipperwood said:

Yes I get plenty of those ads, you could get an Easter egg though, best get there sharpish before they run out.

Screenshot_20190414-100101_Gallery.jpg

Notice the builder is still wearing his hard hat inside the finished property - why? well I guess he knows how it was built!

25 minutes ago, Habeas Domus said:

Notice the builder is still wearing his hard hat inside the finished property - why? well I guess he knows how it was built!

Don't those faces looks sinister....what a way and try and sell the likely most important purchase of peoples lives...i really hope people are waking up, i so want it to be so......." we could be giving you a housewarming handout of up to £6000" paid for by the overpriced price you'll be paying in their coffers and their Directors with "up to over a 100 million pounds bonus" paid for by debt taken on by buyers !

Easter eggs appear to be a treat but in fact are hollow and will make you sick. Appropriate promotional tool for HTB...

Help to buy? Help who to buy what? It seems to help housing CEOs buy Bentleys, yachts, and mansions!

Love the sound bite......We want to HELP YOU get on the property ladder (snake).......all a bit like the old timeshare......there are lots of snakes that are waiting to make money out of YOU.;)