House Price Crash Forum

Latest RICS survey

HOLA441
23 hours ago, happyguy said:

Not once have I ever said that rising house prices are a good thing. 

I am a millennial myself - I am 28 years old.  I am not sold into debt or slavery personally.  I own 2 companies and sold 1 which enabled me to buy a house with no mortgage. 

I have zero debt due to the sale of that business.  For sure I did have when I started the business but not now thankfully.  Most people who start a business or buy a house have to take on a loan.  Very few people are cash rich from the day we are born. 

As someone who owns 2 business and has sold another I certainly do not think that the economy should be based on housing. 

I have bought my own home as a millennial.  All of my friends have. 

Only 1 of us used H2B and they have paid that off now. 

No one is forced to use HTB it is a personal choice. 

I did not do a worthless degree in sociology or sport science or psychology or some weak soft subject.  I did not make the decision to accrue a 50k debt for a degree that is total worthless in the job market. 

Sadly these people think that because they have a degree in a worthless subject as far as the employment sector is concerned, that they are special and that they have the right to earn a lot of money in an interesting job and own their own home.        

The fact is no one has the right.  I was taught that if I wanted anything at all in my life it was up to me to work for it. 

Millennials who did that have no sympathy for me, they made the choice to do a soft degree, all they had to do was look at the stats for graduates of those degrees and what they earn and what sort of jobs they are likely to be able to get with a degree in an ology. 

Most of them work in basic admin jobs that is why they do not earn a lot of money and cannot afford a house. 

These people would be better off doing a real degree (much harder of course) or training as a bricklayer or an electrician and doing a real job and earning good money.  In London these guys are earning around £300 a day.  Of course that is hard work.

As a home owner I could not care less if house prices go up or down or stay the same.  I have no intention of moving so it is totally irrelevant to me.  If prices go up I would pay more when I moved.  If they go down I would pay more when I moved, I do not care. 

I've not read any of your posts before but this one seems quite reasonable to me. You worked hard in business to get where you are and bought (an overpriced) house with it. That was your decision, we all have to live somewhere in some way

HOLA442
30 minutes ago, bear.getting.old said:

I've not read any of your posts before but this one seems quite reasonable to me. You worked hard in business to get where you are and bought (an overpriced) house with it. That was your decision, we all have to live somewhere in some way

Some of the folks on here are "I'm alright, Jack." ->

As a home owner I could not care less if house prices go up or down or stay the same.  I have no intention of moving so it is totally irrelevant to me.  If prices go up I would pay more when I moved.  If they go down I would pay more when I moved, I do not care. 

Others may class me as one of those too of course.

Some of the "I'm alright, Jack" folks are happy guys ( ;) ) to present the idea that they have their house(s) and they don't give a monkeys what happens to prices. Which makes me (a fellow, albeit recent, homeowner) angry - or at least it used to .

I am becoming more jaded or maybe as the impending correction in the market starts to look a little less like it will just inspire more of the same endless govt can-kicking.

My point tho: it is the "raised the drawbridge and screw the future generations" mindset - often demonstrated by the boomer or the lucky-that-their-hard-work-paid-off smug muppet - that really needs to be fixed.

Otherwise - regardless of correction in the coming years (or not!) - this nation will endlessly be mired in debt slavery ...

And having children of my own also helps me try to keep a mind for future generations.

That I held of having a family for many years because I couldn't afford to have them because I was too busy paying extortionate rents is another matter too ... but that is now ancient history.

I used to reply to HappyGuy. But the "I'm alright Jack" muppets never listen anyway. Perhaps it is genetic?

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
On 11/04/2019 at 13:51, happyguy said:

Not once have I ever said that rising house prices are a good thing. 

I am a millennial myself - I am 28 years old.  I am not sold into debt or slavery personally.  I own 2 companies and sold 1 which enabled me to buy a house with no mortgage. 

I have zero debt due to the sale of that business.  For sure I did have when I started the business but not now thankfully.  Most people who start a business or buy a house have to take on a loan.  Very few people are cash rich from the day we are born. 

As someone who owns 2 business and has sold another I certainly do not think that the economy should be based on housing. 

I have bought my own home as a millennial.  All of my friends have. 

Only 1 of us used H2B and they have paid that off now. 

No one is forced to use HTB it is a personal choice. 

I did not do a worthless degree in sociology or sport science or psychology or some weak soft subject.  I did not make the decision to accrue a 50k debt for a degree that is total worthless in the job market. 

Sadly these people think that because they have a degree in a worthless subject as far as the employment sector is concerned, that they are special and that they have the right to earn a lot of money in an interesting job and own their own home.        

The fact is no one has the right.  I was taught that if I wanted anything at all in my life it was up to me to work for it. 

Millennials who did that have no sympathy for me, they made the choice to do a soft degree, all they had to do was look at the stats for graduates of those degrees and what they earn and what sort of jobs they are likely to be able to get with a degree in an ology. 

Most of them work in basic admin jobs that is why they do not earn a lot of money and cannot afford a house. 

These people would be better off doing a real degree (much harder of course) or training as a bricklayer or an electrician and doing a real job and earning good money.  In London these guys are earning around £300 a day.  Of course that is hard work.

As a home owner I could not care less if house prices go up or down or stay the same.  I have no intention of moving so it is totally irrelevant to me.  If prices go up I would pay more when I moved.  If they go down I would pay more when I moved, I do not care. 

Hold on a minute. Something does not add up with the picture you paint for yourself. You now claim that you are 28 years old? Yet, I distinctly remember that you claimed you had a son who was a gas engineer? I remember because it was pretty funny that your imagination could only stretch as far as that cliched job. 

Look, I, like most posters on here, understand that you are a troll. However, i'm genuinely interested in your motives for this elaborate fiction, where you continually try and pin the blame for a persons lack of home ownership on their education and employment choices. Your constant "Millennial" bashing suggests that you are likely not a millennial yourself, so why would a clearly weirdo middle-aged man spend his time posting this stuff?

Explanations?

HOLA447
HOLA448
1 hour ago, btl_hater said:

Hold on a minute. Something does not add up with the picture you paint for yourself. You now claim that you are 28 years old? Yet, I distinctly remember that you claimed you had a son who was a gas engineer? I remember because it was pretty funny that your imagination could only stretch as far as that cliched job. 

Look, I, like most posters on here, understand that you are a troll. However, i'm genuinely interested in your motives for this elaborate fiction, where you continually try and pin the blame for a persons lack of home ownership on their education and employment choices. Your constant "Millennial" bashing suggests that you are likely not a millennial yourself, so why would a clearly weirdo middle-aged man spend his time posting this stuff?

Explanations?

LOL, too funny, well remembered.

https://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/232670-conversation-with-bristol-students/&do=findComment&comment=1103368389

95% of unis are vast Ponzi schemes.  They exist to make a profit and to keep useless lecturers who could not last 5 minutes in the real commercial world.  They know they degrees that they are teaching are worthless in the job market.  

Equally kids should be more aware that a degree in sociology of sports science is worthless in the job market.

My son is a gas engineer last year he earned £78,000.  Many of his mates have a degree and are working in a shop.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
3 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

really has it in for higher education as well..although i agree a lot of courses are **** but plenty that are not...in addition the degree shows the ability to perservere and knuckle down...although i still would recommend a soft degree subject...hard sciences ..languages etc are solid

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
On 11/04/2019 at 16:03, Trump Invective said:

I don't know, I tend to like differing viewpoints because they can help to refine ones own views and question them. I think happyguy should keep posting and I wouldn't feel comfortable if he stopped. It spices up the forums somehow. Ignore, but don't bash too much. Maybe I'm wrong.

Oh dear - my view doesn't extend to those who lie.

HOLA4414

Oh dear Happy Guy...looks like you've been (formally) rumbled...maybe you should think about changing your alias to Quiet Guy from now on? Or BlatantTroll Guy? Or MaybeIShouldntHaveBoughtThoseFiveBTLsNow Guy?

But I guess now you won't be on here so much you can go back to being super busy at your estate agent... oh wait

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
3 hours ago, Spindler said:

really has it in for higher education as well..although i agree a lot of courses are **** but plenty that are not...in addition the degree shows the ability to perservere and knuckle down...although i still would recommend a soft degree subject...hard sciences ..languages etc are solid

Physics, bitches. Everything else is stamp collecting.

HOLA4417
On 11/04/2019 at 15:03, Freezer? Best place for it said:

+ 1 he must be popular to ignore.  Possibly a failed double glazing salesman?

On 11/04/2019 at 15:38, hurlerontheditch said:

Image result for white gold double glazing

Nah, i reckon gotta be an EA. They make double glazing salesmen look like real gents.

HOLA4418

I thought happyguy worked said he'd sold one btl ( "business") and has 2 more to go. 

He hopes house prices are going to keep going up forever.  It's not irrational. 

If house prices double and wages multiply by 5, we'll be back to something reasonable. 

But with oil running out in Aberdeen, it's more likely to be house prices going down locally. 

HOLA4419
On 15/04/2019 at 20:26, zugzwang said:

Happyguy and son enjoying their very last visit to HPC.

Always knew you were a ringer, dipshit.

126027_1_468.jpeg

Unfortunately, not the last visit, he's just carrying on as if nothing has happened :rolleyes:.

https://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/234248-why-are-the-middle-class-so-angry/&do=findComment&comment=1103472503