House Price Crash Forum

Latest RICS survey

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
1 minute ago, happyguy said:

Last month when rics said prices had gone up the response here was that rics were told to lie by the govt, now they are the oracle 

RICS is not talking about prices but sentiment, nice try. 

You are getting confused with Halifax saying it went up by 5.6% IIRC, which commentators in the media said was bonkers. 

RICS has been pretty consistent lately depicting a gloomy sentiment.

HOLA445

do youknow as a long time lurker i got the measure of happy guy......i see that name and move on nothing of interest to say...totally vested interest troll...just the name happy guy seems to be say i'm happy and cheer leading rising prices and property being number one investment ..sod all the poor millenials being sold into debt slavery to the banks via HTB ...in effect 2 mortgages when before HTB you just needed one....this guy is happy that the whole economy is based around rising house prices and any and every trick in the book to kepp them up and rising...that is madness....guess if youre up in your neck in debt you want the rock youre standing on below the surface to keep rising

HOLA446
6 minutes ago, Spindler said:

do youknow as a long time lurker i got the measure of happy guy......i see that name and move on nothing of interest to say...totally vested interest troll...just the name happy guy seems to be say i'm happy and cheer leading rising prices and property being number one investment ..sod all the poor millenials being sold into debt slavery to the banks via HTB ...in effect 2 mortgages when before HTB you just needed one....this guy is happy that the whole economy is based around rising house prices and any and every trick in the book to kepp them up and rising...that is madness....guess if youre up in your neck in debt you want the rock youre standing on below the surface to keep rising

You seem to have summed him up nicely....

HOLA447
11 minutes ago, Spindler said:

Yup, 100% VI troll.

HOLA448

RICS is right.

RICS is wrong.

Both are true.

There are so few housing transactions that deriving any stat and trying to compare to a historical norms is pointless.

This has bee of the 'North' for ~15 years. Eve nhe flood of IO BTL money did not give a normalish number of transactions.

The SOuth struggled on with IO OO mortgages, HTB, Chinese investors, etc. Even that money has run out.

Now housing has to trade on UK citizens earnings with MMR applied.

And absorb all the IO BTLers trying to exit their highly leveraged potions.

HOLA449
3 hours ago, Spindler said:

Not once have I ever said that rising house prices are a good thing. 

I am a millennial myself - I am 28 years old.  I am not sold into debt or slavery personally.  I own 2 companies and sold 1 which enabled me to buy a house with no mortgage. 

I have zero debt due to the sale of that business.  For sure I did have when I started the business but not now thankfully.  Most people who start a business or buy a house have to take on a loan.  Very few people are cash rich from the day we are born. 

As someone who owns 2 business and has sold another I certainly do not think that the economy should be based on housing. 

I have bought my own home as a millennial.  All of my friends have. 

Only 1 of us used H2B and they have paid that off now. 

No one is forced to use HTB it is a personal choice. 

I did not do a worthless degree in sociology or sport science or psychology or some weak soft subject.  I did not make the decision to accrue a 50k debt for a degree that is total worthless in the job market. 

Sadly these people think that because they have a degree in a worthless subject as far as the employment sector is concerned, that they are special and that they have the right to earn a lot of money in an interesting job and own their own home.        

The fact is no one has the right.  I was taught that if I wanted anything at all in my life it was up to me to work for it. 

Millennials who did that have no sympathy for me, they made the choice to do a soft degree, all they had to do was look at the stats for graduates of those degrees and what they earn and what sort of jobs they are likely to be able to get with a degree in an ology. 

Most of them work in basic admin jobs that is why they do not earn a lot of money and cannot afford a house. 

These people would be better off doing a real degree (much harder of course) or training as a bricklayer or an electrician and doing a real job and earning good money.  In London these guys are earning around £300 a day.  Of course that is hard work.

As a home owner I could not care less if house prices go up or down or stay the same.  I have no intention of moving so it is totally irrelevant to me.  If prices go up I would pay more when I moved.  If they go down I would pay more when I moved, I do not care. 

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
1 hour ago, Freezer? Best place for it said:

+ 1 he must be popular to ignore.  Possibly a failed double glazing salesman?

lol love the picture...perfect..which to choose left or right as our man  ........or troll....how do i use ignore ? help ?

HOLA4415
37 minutes ago, Trump Invective said:

I don't know, I tend to like differing viewpoints because they can help to refine ones own views and question them. I think happyguy should keep posting and I wouldn't feel comfortable if he stopped. It spices up the forums somehow. Ignore, but don't bash too much. Maybe I'm wrong.

Online discussions tend to create extreme viewpoints anyway. Herd behaviour usually involves a few 'leaders' who make a declaration 'X is good. Y is bad' and the rest follow. I prefer a range of views as well. 

HOLA4416
37 minutes ago, Trump Invective said:

I don't know, I tend to like differing viewpoints because they can help to refine ones own views and question them. I think happyguy should keep posting and I wouldn't feel comfortable if he stopped. It spices up the forums somehow. Ignore, but don't bash too much. Maybe I'm wrong.

i do tend to agree...and i doubt he intends to stop anyway...doesnt mean i have to read his what i consider drivel and believe me i have read a lot of his stuff as a lurker/reader before I appeared as a poster....and i started skipping over any comments from Happy Guy as soon as i saw them...its always the same..no open mind there...just a vested interest looking to challenge any narrative that doent suit rampant property price inflation....we have had 20 years now of this so his ilk have had their own way for too long...chances are he isnt that old and hasnt benefited as he could have at the start....i wouldnt believe a word he says...yes he should continue to post and no shouldnt be shut of of dialogue....but we know his viewpoint before he writes so he might as well post a blank page with happy guy above it... :)

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
43 minutes ago, Spindler said:

please tell me how to ignore...the sight of the name make me nauseous :)

Just hover over the users avatar on left of page for a second or so, and the popup window includes the option "Ignore User" - on the next page you will have options on what/all to ignore from them.

I applied it a long time ago for the user in question...

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Differing opinions can be extreme and completely removed from reality.  For example I don’t waste mine, or their, time listening to Jehovahs Witnesses - I know their nuts, with another agenda.  Happy guy fits this profile, and his attempts “benefit” from this.

I am all for different views, but avoid the obvious nutter on the bus.

Edited by Freezer? Best place for it
Screwed up

HOLA4423

Apart from the good news from RICS, the main theme in this thread is an almost universal disdain for the Happy One.  Its interesting to find that many other posters here find him/her a bit much. I have always been wary of people who seem excessively happy or smile too much - just the name puts my back up.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
18 hours ago, thewig said:

I stuck happyguy on ignore a while ago. The irony of the name is classic troll behaviour also

I blocked happy guy a long time ago, I have a list of about 12 similar posters that appeared on here 2 years ago. Felt to me like they were taking over and ganging up on some old timers. Made me feel paranoid and was one of the reasons I stopped posting here. 

With prices on the way up their arguments look credible... On the downside tho, they show their true colours. 

Good to see I'm not mad after all. :lol: