House Price Crash Forum

Who Would You Vote For in EU elections?

European Parliament Elections  

216 members have voted

1. 1. If they go ahead, who would you vote for in EU elections?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • LibDem
    • UKIP
    • Farage's new Brexit party
    • Green
    • Independent Group
    • Something else
    • Spoiled ballot
    • Would not vote

If they go ahead, who would you vote for in EU elections?

As a former life long (mostly) LibDem voter, couldn't bring myself to vote UKIP before. Think I'll vote for Farage's new party in the EU elections though, just to put a cat amongst the pigeons. 

Edited by Guest

Almost every MEP has different associations with the many different policy groups within the EU, so I would look them up before deciding.

The policies and manifestos of  Conservative, Labour etc are almost entirely irrelevant for the European Parliament

whoever is standing that is the brexit candidate and who i think has the best chance of most votes. the plan being to get brexit candidate into parliment to do the job that labour and conservative mps promised they would do but then didint when they got elected. 

14 hours ago, Habeas Domus said:

Almost every MEP has different associations with the many different policy groups within the EU, so I would look them up before deciding.

The policies and manifestos of  Conservative, Labour etc are almost entirely irrelevant for the European Parliament

What's with the superfluous non-bolded follow on words? 😀

The pollsters and planners know you better than you know yourself. They're confident you'll vote the same way you've always voted and that nothing will change.

1 hour ago, Pindar said:

The pollsters and planners know you better than you know yourself. They're confident you'll vote the same way you've always voted and that nothing will change.

Yes, true.

We will all vote they way we are expected to vote ... or Mr Juncker will just make us vote again.

Ah no wait ... *resigned sigh*

2 hours ago, Pindar said:

No doubt they'll be shocked by the result. Didn't see that coming.

Member of the Conservative party here.

I'm voting Brexit Party and leaving the Tory's as soon as the next leadership election is over.

I don`t think you will get he chance to vote in EU elections, the EU will want us out before that, No Deal if necessary  IMO, it is just too politically volatile not to get a line drawn under this sooner rather than later.

I will vote for the most pro-Remain candidates/parties. I feel like this whole process has done so much damage to the country, we need to take a step back.

Really interesting that with 50 or so votes cast in this poll not a single one yet is for the Conservatives!

I usually vote Conservative in elections, but I feel that they have made a total mess of the Brexit process, so have decided to move my vote elsewhere as a result - seems I'm not alone...

17 million + want to leave the EU. If the Conservatives don't do this properly then those 17 million will not be voting for them. Simple. And if a botched Brexit is put through, then the issue is not closed and people will still be voting for The Brexit Party so that the job can be done properly.

From that evidence (and elsewhere), if it goes to the EU Elections, theTories will be crucified, maybe terminal as a UK Party.  If so, it will be interesting to see which party they “Runaround” to.  It will focus the Tory Negotiators to get a deal,  and not get thrown under the bus.  This must be the easy-peas negotiations they mentioned.

3 hours ago, Errol said:

17 million + want to leave the EU. If the Conservatives don't do this properly then those 17 million will not be voting for them. Simple. And if a botched Brexit is put through, then the issue is not closed and people will still be voting for The Brexit Party so that the job can be done properly.

And nearly as many voted the other way. 

A Green New Deal is what Europe desperately needs. Brexit is an inconsequent triviality by comparison.

Labour.

I wish you were correct and we could destroy CONservatives, but a by election last week seems to show people still stick to the 2 main parties despite it being a leave constituency..

i dont think the majority of the population understand the rape and pillaging of the economy and public assets that has been going on..  by the 2 main parties.. they are still Turkeys voting for Christmas.. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8803869/ukip-vote-surges-in-by-election/

4 hours ago, Ah-so said:

And nearly as many voted the other way. 

Well the remainers have plenty of parties to choose from. From those that promised a second referendum and those that promised they would honour the referendum held in 2016, but haven't. Leavers have fewer choices.

9 hours ago, scottbeard said:

Really interesting that with 50 or so votes cast in this poll not a single one yet is for the Conservatives!

I usually vote Conservative in elections, but I feel that they have made a total mess of the Brexit process, so have decided to move my vote elsewhere as a result - seems I'm not alone...

The same here. The problem is that we don't have a proper Conservative party anymore, it's full of wet liberals, apart from a few on the back benches.

12 hours ago, Errol said:

How many of those 17 M+ are still alive?

1 hour ago, btl_hater said:

How many of those 17 M+ are still alive?

How many remain marginals have grown older and are in dispare at the lack of democracy on display and have switched? My gut feeling is that you become more Brexitier as you age, similar to how one might be quite liberal when young but switch to conservative as you age. Remember all those old brexitiers that have died were once young whipper snappers that voted us in in the first place!

Apparently the tories arenow in a rush to find candidates, my advice from this poll - don’t bother! 🤣

Edited by LetsBuild