House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

The real reason the MPs refuse to leave the EU...

https://eba.europa.eu/-/eu-financial-regulators-highlight-risks-of-a-no-deal-brexit-and-asset-price-volatility

I remember way back in 2007 one of the trolls stayed... The government will do everything to stop house prices collapse. 

He was right, including ending the sham of democracy. 

Welcome to the year of our Lord, 1984.

14 minutes ago, EnglishinWales said:

Or because they recognise that it's suicide?

Hyperbole?

16 minutes ago, EnglishinWales said:

Or because they recognise that it's suicide?

Quite but not because they think its suicide for the country ... its more personal for politicians ... its because that ends their chances of troughing on the EU gravy train ... the progression in politics seems to be HoC .. > HoL ..> EU with accountability decreasing and troughing opportunities increasing as they progress ... 

7 minutes ago, moneyfornothing said:

Quite but not because they think its suicide for the country ... its more personal for politicians ... its because that ends their chances of troughing on the EU gravy train ... the progression in politics seems to be HoC .. > HoL ..> EU with accountability decreasing and troughing opportunities increasing as they progress ... 

I think thats significant, i can't remember where i read it, but there was an argument for brexit insofar as actually getting these greedy MP's actually working for their money.

Think it was Kate Hoey who i first heard mention the fact that the majority of MP's use the EU as a convenient excuse for doing very little yet still award themselves outrageous pay increases so it'd make sense that they want to keep the edifice going.

No I think a lot of MPs genuinely realise Brexit will only bring losses and no gains. David Lammy made a great speech in the Commons saying don't blame the EU for the failures of the government.

15 minutes ago, EnglishinWales said:

No I think a lot of MPs genuinely realise Brexit will only bring losses and no gains. 

Please don't be so patronising. Your opinion is not fact any more then mine is.

1 hour ago, EnglishinWales said:

No I think a lot of MPs genuinely realise Brexit will only bring losses and no gains. David Lammy made a great speech in the Commons saying don't blame the EU for the failures of the government.

People should only be interested in how Brexit affects them directly. I have yet to see any negatives personally. 

1 hour ago, longgone said:

People should only be interested in how Brexit affects them directly. I have yet to see any negatives personally. 

Youtube: Jonathan Pie: Brexit: What's the f**k is going on

There is a very good explanation in the above video: Brexit is negative but was inevitable as a protest vote.

1 hour ago, Bear Hug said:

Youtube: Jonathan Pie: Brexit: What's the f**k is going on

There is a very good explanation in the above video: Brexit is negative but was inevitable as a protest vote.

Exactly that is why I voted to leave. What ever they say is bad, I will vote for that. Satire has turned to reality.

A decline in sterling makes no difference to me. My money is saved for a house, sterling to house price inflation is all I really care about. Any day to day money will need to be earn't when I eventually work again. So basically nothing to lose and everything to gain.

16 minutes ago, longgone said:

Exactly that is why I voted to leave. What ever they say is bad, I will vote for that. Satire has turned to reality.

A decline in sterling makes no difference to me. My money is saved for a house, sterling to house price inflation is all I really care about. Any day to day money will need to be earn't when I eventually work again. So basically nothing to lose and everything to gain.

I am sure there is money to be made in whatever outcome.  I am hoping that we are currently close to a maximum panic and uncertainty and have recently  moved some of my DC pension fund from world (mainly US) to UK stocks.  I am hoping the position will improve as soon as there is any certainty: remain, leave, deal or no deal.

MPs and their party's reluctance on Brexit may simply be a change issue. 

As the 2016 vote splits right through party ideologies rather than along them so a big change in the parties is needed to realign with the electorate including maybe splits or new ones so existing MPs simply may have no guaranteed seat (or even a viable party) soon.

I'm not usually conspiratorial but it does make you wonder if there is some other force at play here. Either that or Theresa May is high as a kite. Every time she addresses the nation she is not addressing the 17.4m people that voted to leave. The ones I know are screaming blue murder.