House Price Crash Forum
crazypabs

Ripples of London House Price Falls Push Out Farther

Sounds very much EAs trying to set out that only London would be affected and north / mids will boom.

Sadly it is a theme being pushed heavily in the media and is playing out in the figures so far - I don't get why north / mids is experiencing daft price growth as wages haven't surged

2 hours ago, Staffsknot said:

Sounds very much EAs trying to set out that only London would be affected and north / mids will boom.

Sadly it is a theme being pushed heavily in the media and is playing out in the figures so far - I don't get why north / mids is experiencing daft price growth as wages haven't surged

where's getting this growth?

my area of West Leeds seems to be flatlining or even in some elements falling a bit (landlords selling up from the looks of things).

Well round Staffs / Shropshire/ East Cheshire the asking prices have gone a bit dafter.

Somehow the figures are coming out as nr 5% rise in midlands - I just don't see what is driving it

14 hours ago, Staffsknot said:

Somehow the figures are coming out as nr 5% rise in midlands - I just don't see what is driving it

Affordability - ripple effect  - relative to SE and London of course 

Sellers in my part of Essex (Brentwood / Billericay) are reluctant to reduce prices at all. 

I don't want to buy but have calculated a divorce will cost more than a HPC and at least I won't have to deal with knut landlords anymore

We offered 490K on a 500K house - refused

Also 455k on a 475k house - refused

415K on a 450K house - refused

475K on a 575K house (but which needed 80K of work to get it to a comparable value ot other 575K houses in the area. 

375K on a 400K house - refused and still on the market 6 months later. 

59 minutes ago, Kurt Barlow said:

Sellers in my part of Essex (Brentwood / Billericay) are reluctant to reduce prices at all. 

I don't want to buy but have calculated a divorce will cost more than a HPC and at least I won't have to deal with knut landlords anymore

We offered 490K on a 500K house - refused

Also 455k on a 475k house - refused

415K on a 450K house - refused

475K on a 575K house (but which needed 80K of work to get it to a comparable value ot other 575K houses in the area. 

375K on a 400K house - refused and still on the market 6 months later. 

they're not giving them away

Why the annoyingly inaccurate thread title which is the complete opposite to the content linked to?😠

All the places I've looked at in the North (Hull, Stoke, Bradford, etc) seem to be stagnant. In fact, many Stoke properties I've looked at on Zoopla are less than 2005 prices. 

4 hours ago, Orb said:

All the places I've looked at in the North (Hull, Stoke, Bradford, etc) seem to be stagnant. In fact, many Stoke properties I've looked at on Zoopla are less than 2005 prices. 

Depends on the part of Stoke. I've seen folks asking for a lot over 2014 price let alone 2005 - there's a lot of leasehold to steer clear of too where old pottery works were regenerated.