House Price Crash Forum
juvenal

Fergus Wilson on Panorama 18 Mar Tomorrow

16 minutes ago, Staffsknot said:

I shouldn't wish ill on anyone but if there is any karma he will end up in a care home staffed by some ex tenants.

He’ll be dead long before that.  Sounds like he struggles to breathe from just talking.

4 minutes ago, Council estate capitalist said:

Ordered to pay £1200 in compensation to a tenant. Is now suing that tenant for the return of the £1200 + £30k "legal costs"  tacked on. 

At least Dick Turpin wore a mask. 

£1200 is low enough to be in the small claims track where I didn’t think you could claim full costs?

Stuff like this and S24 will only be the start.

Removal of basic relief, force banks to hold 120% capital of all io loans.

6 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Courts are very demanding on proving legal costs.

Fatty will end up locked up for contempt on that.

Kents long overdue a fit n proper law for LLs.

+1

Sadly I think a prison diet would probably do him good. 

5 minutes ago, elephant said:

£1200 is low enough to be in the small claims track where I didn’t think you could claim full costs?

I assume this is his defence costs of the crown court trial the council brought against him (For failing to fix a pregnant woman's boiler). I'm guessing he's claiming these against the tenant and has submitted the claim form with £30k on it. I'm sure if he were to win he would actually apply for additional costs on top.

But yes small claims track is normally limited costs, but the court has discretion if the losing party has been unreasonable. 

Edited by Council estate capitalist

Hmmm..... I don't like them (and watching the video makes me hate them more) and they deserve everything coming to them for those they've been found guilty of offences against, but regarding the S21 evictions, what law have they broke? As far as I can see, none.

The real issues are the shameful fact that private renting has doubled from 5 million to 10 million in the last 20 years, and the exorbitant renewal fees (did I hear it was going to cost one tenant £2600 to move?)

Edited by dpg50000

33 minutes ago, Pytyr said:

Coincidence or The Graund taking a subtle dig?

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/mar/19/carter-usm-the-unstoppable-sex-machine-how-we-made-sheriff-fatman

I see one of them is a landlord now. It's a disease!

Its the left. They are nuts.

Revolutionary Marxist Chris Williamson - the suspended one - is a LL.

They just cant help themselves.

19 minutes ago, dpg50000 said:

Hmmm..... I don't like them (and watching the video makes me hate them more) and they deserve everything coming to them for those they've been found guilty of offences against, but regarding the S21 evictions, what law have they broke? As far as I can see, none.

The real issues are the shameful fact that private renting has doubled from 5 million to 10 million in the last 20 years, and the exorbitant renewal fees (did I hear it was going to cost one tenant £2600 to move?)

Fortunately, one can still go about one's daily business being thoroughly objectionable and without breaking any laws. What is disturbing here is that a "small businessman" can be so objectionable to his customers and get away with it. 

18 hours ago, crazypabs said:

Fungus on BBC news right now. He is retiring, selling all his 300 properties.

I thought he had 700-800

15 hours ago, Mancghirl said:

On BBC News right now, evicting a hearing impaired tenant with a young child, as they asked for repairs.

At least his scumbaggery is being brought to a wider audience.

Why would he want to appear on the news?  Is he crazy?

27 minutes ago, iamnumerate said:

I thought he had 700-800

Why would he want to appear on the news?  Is he crazy?

Yes.

This is S24 year one.

Fungus will be paying a hefty part of his income to HMRC.

1 hour ago, spyguy said:

Yes.

This is S24 year one.

Fungus will be paying a hefty part of his income to HMRC.

Anyone got the web address for the HMRC tax evasion grass hotline? Reckon he could do with a nice little hmrc investigation.

I didn't watch it, but was there any mention of the culpability of BTL and banks in extending so much credit to 1 person to buy up so many properties and inflict misery on so many tenants?

19 minutes ago, Captain Kirk said:

I didn't watch it, but was there any mention of the culpability of BTL and banks in extending so much credit to 1 person to buy up so many properties and inflict misery on so many tenants?

Yep.

BoE needs to force all regulated banks with IO BTL to increase capital to 120% of the loan.

IO lending needs to be a total no-no of regulated banks.

IO BTL (non-amortising commercial debt) shoud last no more than 2 years.

12 minutes ago, Ah-so said:

Landlord Fergus Wilson accuses BBC of bias after Panorama documentary

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/ashford/news/landlord-accuses-bbc-of-bias-after-documentary-200992/

19/03/2019 10:12:19
MiltonBeans wrote:
I sympathise with him, I have investment properties which I bought to give me an income, but the taxes are so punitive and the tenants treat the properties so appallingly that I have now left them empty and will simply cash them in when I am ready to retire.

17 minutes ago, spyguy said:
19/03/2019 10:12:19
MiltonBeans wrote:
I sympathise with him, I have investment properties which I bought to give me an income, but the taxes are so punitive and the tenants treat the properties so appallingly that I have now left them empty and will simply cash them in when I am ready to retire.

Taxes are no different to those who invested their own money, and borrowing to buy property to leave empty can't be much of an investment.