House Price Crash Forum
Saving For a Space Ship

More than 87,000 (£100bn) of UK properties are secretly owned - 40% in London

More than £100bn of UK property is secretly owned

Analysis by Global Witness shows 87,000 properties – 40% of them in London – are anonymously owned by firms registered in tax havens

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/mar/17/100-billion-of-uk-propert-secretly-owned-anonymous-firms-tax-havens

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

Well if noone wants to put hteir name to them then let the sate have them.

Most of the owners will come from countries where this sort of stuff is common, in fact they probably got their money scamming stuff of their country mates.

57 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Well if noone wants to put hteir name to them then let the sate have them.

Most of the owners will come from countries where this sort of stuff is common, in fact they probably got their money scamming stuff of their country mates.

If they have hidden ownership, how can they say it belongs to them, i am going to be honest i am sure i have £10b of properties in central london, i have hidden ownership in a tax secret tax haven.

I only shop in Tesco to hide the fact i have billions

All just a predictable outcome of the government's own hopeless tax policies for land. Tax land value and it won't matter what structure it is held in as there will be no escape. Don't pay your land value tax and your land will be seized and auctioned by the state.

Edited by Dorkins

3 minutes ago, prozac said:

If they have hidden ownership, how can they say it belongs to them, i am going to be honest i am sure i have £10b of properties in central london, i have hidden ownership in a tax secret tax haven.

You shop there? I secretly own the products, so I just walk in and take what's mine.  

Just now, chronyx said:

You shop there? I secretly own the products, so I just walk in and take what's mine.  

LOL, 

5jwe9x.jpg

1 minute ago, prozac said:

LOL, 

5jwe9x.jpg

No no it's all above board, I just can't say how I own it, because like I say, it's a secret.

19 minutes ago, prozac said:

You joke.

Imagine squatting one of these places and the legal fun trying to get some one out.

20 minutes ago, spyguy said:

You joke.

Imagine squatting one of these places and the legal fun trying to get some one out.

1*l2AFc33U7grIeMML0a0unQ.jpeg

Say someone found a property that is  empty, and that someone printed a tenancy agreement with the owner signed the  Count of Monte Cristo, and the said owner did not come forward, what happens.

Edited by prozac

1 hour ago, prozac said:

1*l2AFc33U7grIeMML0a0unQ.jpeg

Say someone found a property that is  empty, and that someone printed a tenancy agreement with the owner signed the  Count of Monte Cristo, and the said owner did not come forward, what happens.

You'll be sat there one day, eating pork scratchings, feet up, watching daytime trash, without a care in the world, laughing to yourself about how easy this all is, and the real owners will suddenly pop in whilst they're on a city break. But the owners are the Russian mafia, and they give you a bath. An acid bath. 

1 minute ago, Orb said:

You'll be sat there one day, eating pork scratchings, feet up, watching daytime trash, without a care in the world, laughing to yourself about how easy this all is, and the real owners will suddenly pop in whilst they're on a city break. But the owners are the Russian mafia, and they give you a bath. An acid bath. 

What evidence do you have that these are the real owners.

25 minutes ago, prozac said:

It's a secret

2 hours ago, Orb said:

But seriously, how can anyone prove ownership if it's secret? Has there ever been a case where someone squatted in one of these places.

6 hours ago, chronyx said:

i just eat what i want inside the shop and walk out belly full and empty handed. 

prove it guvnor. 😉

1 hour ago, skrillex said:

But seriously, how can anyone prove ownership if it's secret? Has there ever been a case where someone squatted in one of these places.

Just as seriously, you don't want to mess around with people that have access to that level of secrecy.

I know in this insane asylum of a country it's frowned upon to voice the opinion but some people aren't very nice.

23 minutes ago, longgone said:

i just eat what i want inside the shop and walk out belly full and empty handed. 

prove it guvnor. 😉

You just want the rubber glove treatment perv ;)

55 minutes ago, chronyx said:

You just want the rubber glove treatment perv ;)

well it`s that or keep me in the shop for 24 hrs and let nature take its course. 

2 hours ago, skrillex said:

yeah they suddenly disappeared without a trace. laws are only for the plebs. those kind of people have their own laws.

13 hours ago, prozac said:

I'll ask them that just before they throw me into their pig den. Perhaps they'll show me the deeds. 

18 minutes ago, Orb said:

I'll ask them that just before they throw me into their pig den. Perhaps they'll show me the deeds. 

I bet our elite will confiscate all these properties.

When someone like Jacob Rees Mogg decides to take it the law will be on his side 

And they will, the 1% have no loyalty to each other.

PS I would trust Jacob Rees Mogg over a Russian Oligarch

19 hours ago, prozac said:

So, it’s the company that is secretly owned, no?  The house is legally owned by the company, isn’t it?  

That’s the classic money laundering tactics anyway:

1. Property Dealing – The sale of property to integrate laundered money back into the economy is a common practice amongst criminals. For instance, many criminal groups use shell companies to buy property; hence proceeds from the sale would be considered legitimate.

https://people.exeter.ac.uk/watupman/undergrad/ron/methods and stages.htm