House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jwrag

Richmond Wood, Lisburn

Looking for a new or refurbished (no projects) 4 bedroom detached house somewhere around South Belfast/Edenderry/Dunmurry/Lambeg/Drumbeg/Lisburn. Struggling to find anything that represents any sort of value. One development looks ok, but has yet to be completed and can't be visited as it's still under construction. Being sold by Templeton Robinson which puts me off, as they know how to (over) charge. 

https://www.templetonrobinson.com/development/richmond-wood/468/

A couple of questions though,

1. The site is very hilly with back gardens on some serious slopes, how bad is this? 

2. I remember hearing that there was some environmental problem related to demolishing whatever was on this site before. Does anyone know what the story was here, asbestos?

3. Is this really the best alternative available? The area seems good, near trains etc. But I'm only looking here by default as I am appalled I can't find anything else for around 400K which is decent sized, in a reasonable area and within walking distance to transport links. May have to return to praying for a Brexit induced zombie apocalypse! 

I have to say, that does look better than your average newbuild out there.

Of course I also think 400K for a house in NI is absolutely mental, but the rest of the market clearly disagrees with me.

I can see why they've sold, esp as they're over 2000 square feet which is a rarity.

2 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

I have to say, that does look better than your average newbuild out there.

Of course I also think 400K for a house in NI is absolutely mental, but the rest of the market clearly disagrees with me.

I can see why they've sold, esp as they're over 2000 square feet which is a rarity.

You'll get any number of 2000sq foot new build houses in lisburn for 400k. Its Belfast where it's impossible. 

34 minutes ago, 2buyornot2buy said:

You'll get any number of 2000sq foot new build houses in lisburn for 400k. Its Belfast where it's impossible. 

I wasn't saying that I thought that having to spend 400K to get 2000sqft in Lisburn was cheap; I think it's ridiculous. I'd expect to get at least that for 400K in Lisburn.

I get the impression that there simply aren't that many 2000 square feet houses in Belfast; it can be surprising when you LPS some detached houses even how small they actually are.