House Price Crash Forum
PeanutButter

The MILLENNIAL with a £1.5million property empire

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6785993/Millennials-property-empire-worth-1-5m-turning-30-buying-home-aged-19.html

Woman owns seven houses before turning 30 - after buying her first £160,000 home when she was just 19... but she still can't afford to buy in London

Most millennials have resigned themselves to the rent sector - where they can expect to pay an estimated £1million during a lifetime.

But one 30-year-old property tycoon, who bought her first £160,000 house while still a teenager, has already amassed an empire of six houses worth a total of £1.5 million.

Emily Evans from Bridgwater, Somerset, wants to be 'the Martin Lewis of the property world' after she bought her first house - with her boyfriend at the time - aged just 19.

She later sold that home to finance her future purchases, and now rents out six properties based around the West of England but rents a house in Wimbledon, London, as she still cannot afford to buy in the capital.

Wait for it...

Miss Evans left school at 18 and quickly worked her way up to manager of a branch of an estate agent.

Her job taught her the important of owning her own home as well as ways to get the best mortgage and the different finance options.

A year after she started her job the couple bought a two-bed end of terrace house for £160,000 in Bridgwater, Somerset, after the 2008 crash with a 10% deposit. 

:D

Miss Evans left school at 18 and her job at an estate agents taught her the important of owning her own home

Was the article written by a twelve year old? :rolleyes:

When I think of someone with a £1.5m property empire I like to assume that the properties in that empire are owned outright.

If she sold all her properties and repaid the outstanding mortgages, etc etc, I wonder how much she'd be left with, or even whether that figure would be positive or negative. Whatever that figure is, that's what would leave an impression on me. 

Reminds me of the gurus thread where a lovely lady Guru was worth xx million yet the houses where owned by 30+ other companies and individuals per house.

They will let you say anything.

9 hours ago, Ghostly said:

And how much mortgage debt has she got? What does she think of S.24?

Nurse!

10 hours ago, Orb said:

If she sold all her properties and repaid the outstanding mortgages, etc etc, I wonder how much she'd be left with, or even whether that figure would be positive or negative. Whatever that figure is, that's what would leave an impression on me. 

£50k

Realising she is not doing well and attempting to branch out to helping others get into property.

Contacts in the industry, 10 years of her life, inflation not factored in, valuation prices quoted, and interest and associated costs not quoted. If she'd got a decent job could have got far more money in that time