House Price Crash Forum

Nimby of the Week Award goes to ...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/news/leeds-news/fears-over-leeds-house-prices-20731800

Solar panels - Some residents were also concerned about the reflected flare from the panels, and how this would affect living conditions in the area, while others felt it could devalue nearby house prices.

But - 

Planning officers have recommended councillors approve the plans in principle, stating: “In favour of the development, it is recommended that very significant weight should be attached to the proposal’s renewable energy generating capacity of 40MW, which would be greater than the low carbon and renewable technological contributions presently installed within the Leeds district.

On 31/05/2021 at 23:52, Si1 said:

Boomers objecting to wildlife:

Daily Mail: They were saved from extinction but now the majestic birds are wreaking havoc in, writes JANE FRYER.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9635151/They-saved-extinction-majestic-birds-wreaking-havoc-writes-JANE-FRYER.html

(Normally they use wildlife as an argument against development)

I missed this one, ah ah ah 

It is a hilarious piece: "Flocks of hundred of birds darkening the sky" "Kite snatching lambs" (as if they were strong enough...) 

"Baby rushed to the hospital" (like his life was in immediate danger). And some funny brexit shoehorning in the comments 

Dave, Chorleywood, 1 week ago

The insanely rich remain voting EU-loving elites live in Kite-proof family compounds and are safe from this menance, but THEY are happy to watch and laugh as dirt poor ordinary little people what voted leave and saved OUR country struggle to protect their children from constant raptor attacks. What next, re-wilding OUR UKIPPER pridelands with bears to finish us off. The elites hate us that much YOU know that THEY will. All the best, UKIPPER Dave (Continuity UKIP)

28 minutes ago, Freki said:

I missed this one, ah ah ah 

It is a hilarious piece: "Flocks of hundred of birds darkening the sky" "Kite snatching lambs" (as if they were strong enough...) 

"Baby rushed to the hospital" (like his life was in immediate danger). And some funny brexit shoehorning in the comments 

Who the phuck are these idiots ? Red Kites are beautiful raptors, I used to go to a campsite in the Chilterns in the summer and spot them all weekend circling above and picking at roadkill, beautiful. I heard a bloke in a pub once claiming that they've "been taking cats", got to be all b0llox. A Kite taking a lamb? yeah right. As for the brexiter comment someone tell me its a p1sstake purlease....

• 1 month later...
On 02/03/2019 at 18:21, Captain Kirk said:

Cheddleton.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/local-news/protest-local-green-space-march-2602246

They may have a perfectly valid reason for protesting against this development, but it's always the same demographic making up these protesters. Mostly a bunch of old, probably nicely retired and nicely housed grandparents protesting with their grandchildren. Where did they think their offspring were going to live anyway? Did they think they would go off into the world and create more land? And why drag the little kids into it?

Please post NIMBY articles you come across on this thread if you like.

My Mum really enjoys her walks in the country behind her home. When homes were to be built there a local protest group cropped up, but my Mum did not join.

She thinks they have to build homes somewhere after all.

Well done to Mum 8!