House Price Crash Forum

Things you watched as kid....than seem too age ratings for kids today

Mikhail Liebenstein

HOLA441

So we had the ridiculous Momo scare lecture at kids school today and this seems to have upset them more than the actual Momo thing itself. My eldest (8) has clearly seen the Momo face thing flash up in some YouTube videos, but was not remotely phased, though my 6 year old who hadn’t seen it was more disturbed by the school lecture.

Anyway, the eldest pipes up later saying he wasn’t scared of Momo at all as he knows he and Chuck Norris could beat it up. The Chuck Norris thing being related to the Chuck Norris internet meme which is referred to by quite a few gamers. In fact I know in one of the Battle Simulator Games you can have Chuck Norris set up and take out a whole army of Orks, Chickens or even furniture (see Annoying Orange).

Anyway, that led me to think of the equivalent when I was a kid, and I realise I somehow managed to get to watch films that would be inappropriate now (though likely cut for family viewing at the time) like Enter the Dragon, Way of the Dragon (hence the Chuck Norris link) and even American Werewolf in London.

HOLA442
HOLA443

ML, you have been on this forum for yonks and have posted prolifically. I have never seen anything to make me suspect that English is anything but your mother-tongue.

So what the hell is :Things you watched as kid....than seem too age ratings for kids today

Are you practicing some kind of new gibberish, fashioned to make readers inquisitive - a form of 'gibberbait' if you will? If so, please just stop.

HOLA444

17 hours ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

So we had the ridiculous Momo scare lecture at kids school today ...

42 minutes ago, Ghostly said:

That Momo thing doesn't even exist,...

Fake news!

The kids should demand a second something-or-other.

HOLA445
HOLA446
On 01/03/2019 at 12:05, Sledgehead said:

ML, you have been on this forum for yonks and have posted prolifically. I have never seen anything to make me suspect that English is anything but your mother-tongue.

So what the hell is :Things you watched as kid....than seem too age ratings for kids today

Are you practicing some kind of new gibberish, fashioned to make readers inquisitive - a form of 'gibberbait' if you will? If so, please just stop.

I will confess that my OP was written on a tiny phone after a few of those nice strong Durham Brewery beers.

HOLA447
HOLA448

I was let into the cinema to watch "Cannibal Island" or similar at the age of 10 or 11 back in the eighties. It was supposedly PG rated or whatever the equivalent was and lots of nasty things happened involving severed heads, sharp sticks and hangings. I haven't managed to identify it, which is a shame because I'm curious whether it really is as horrific as I remember.

Also I really must nominate "Star Crash", a Corman Star wars knock-off. I guess it's intended for kids, but 70s lady Caroline Munro spends much of the film wandering around in a black leather bikini.

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA449

I remember watching Xtro when I was about twelve. And we were all jealous that one of our friends got to go and see Alien when we were about seven (with hindsight, it would have scared the heck out of me: I tried the VR Alien game recently and scare-quit after about five minutes).

Archived