House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Needhelpwithrenting

Rights when landlord wants to refurb substantially

I have paid a deposit and paid application fees towards a property I am due to move into on 1st September. The agency sent the contract over however then after this informed me the landlord is refurbishing over the summer. Currently there is a large kitchen with an open plan lounge, 2 bedrooms and a small utility room, alongside bathroom. Apparently the landlords plans are to move the large kitchen into the small utility room, which is not at all what we wanted nor what we viewed when we saw the flat. I would not be happy living in this arrangement at all, and wanting to know my rights. As they have essentially fraudulently taken money off me without making me aware the entire layout of the property will be different, will I be able to be refunded the money and come out of the tenancy if they insist on doing this work?