House Price Crash Forum

Anyone just considered leaving the country?

HOLA441

6 minutes ago, MarkG said:

Yes. While studies have shown that children grow up best with mother and father, they also show that a motherless family is much better than a fatherless family, for both girls and boys.

No links? Since men earn more than women I'd guess children raised in motherless homes have higher welfare standards than the reverse. 

I assume you'd also want to sex-select for only boy children, seeing as raising future women would go against your principles?

22 minutes ago, MARTINX9 said:

Anyway where does one move to - that combines cheap housing, decent/affordable healthcare non citizens have access to, an accessible visa system for Brits and nice weather. Apart from Northumberland of course - but at least there you get Vera running the local police so they focus on real crimes and patrol the streets rather than patrolling twitter!

Costa Rica

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
4 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

You sound like old junkie William Burroughs at his most bitter and vindictive. He killed his wife accidentally and carried the shame of that act with him until the day he died.

Ah, yes, the same old nonsense. "You don't worship women, therefore you're gay."

I have a second job as an SF writer, so I"m literally paid to think about these things. It sex-bots at sex-bot time; the technology is feasible and already a rapidly-growing market, because a $10,000 sex-bot will be much cheaper than a $10,000,000,000 divorce. It's gonna happen, and it's gonna happen much faster than most people expect, because there's a lot of money to be made.

You can deal with it or ignore it, doesn't matter to me. But anyone who closes their eyes to one of the most significant changes since life began on Earth is not likely to find themselves well-placed for the future.

Unlike you, at least the feminists realize what's coming, because they're already starting to call for sex-bots to be banned. They know it's going to knock the foundations out of the obnoxious land-whale dating market.

HOLA443
14 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

No links? Since men earn more than women I'd guess children raised in motherless homes have higher welfare standards than the reverse. 

I assume you'd also want to sex-select for only boy children, seeing as raising future women would go against your principles?

If money was all you needed to raise kids well, many single mothers would do better than single fathers, because the father is usually condemned to work for a decade or more to send money her way. And single men are condemned to work for decades to send money to the government in tax, which it then hands out to single mothers.

Single mothers are a failure because very few of them are able to raise kids on their own, no matter how much money you give them. This is why no society before the modern West has ever tried it; at least, not for long, because it sends the society on a fast-track to collapse.

Kids need someone to teach them how to live, and fathers will do that, while mothers mostly won't. So the boys commit petty crimes, the mother supports them, and they go on to commit more and worse crimes because they don't get punished. The girls have no-one to tell them not to spread their legs for the first 'bad boy' who comes along, and soon they're knocked-up and a single mother themselves.

And sorry I triggered you by merely pointing out facts, but I'd have a mix of boys and girls myself. But the girls would have to expect to do something useful for a living, rather than marry a rich guy, divorce him, and move in with the tattooed pool boy. Because that option is about to disappear.

Anyway, back more on topic. Consumerism is going to die because fewer and fewer men will feel the need to buy all kinds of crap for women when they can just buy a sex-bot who's better-looking and better-behaved than any women they're able to attract. And that will make a nomadic lifestyle much easier for men to adopt.

Edited by MarkG

HOLA444
HOLA445
38 minutes ago, MarkG said:

Ah, yes, the same old nonsense. "You don't worship women, therefore you're gay."

I have a second job as an SF writer, so I"m literally paid to think about these things. It sex-bots at sex-bot time; the technology is feasible and already a rapidly-growing market, because a $10,000 sex-bot will be much cheaper than a $10,000,000,000 divorce. It's gonna happen, and it's gonna happen much faster than most people expect, because there's a lot of money to be made.

You can deal with it or ignore it, doesn't matter to me. But anyone who closes their eyes to one of the most significant changes since life began on Earth is not likely to find themselves well-placed for the future.

Unlike you, at least the feminists realize what's coming, because they're already starting to call for sex-bots to be banned. They know it's going to knock the foundations out of the obnoxious land-whale dating market.

One of my heroes used to be Michael Moorcock, what do you think of him

HOLA446
1 hour ago, byron78 said:

I married at 18 and spent 50 happy years with my wife before I lost her. 

She was incredible in every way. 

I pity whatever has happened to warp you in this way. 

Love isn't sex. Sex isn't love. And, to be honest, the way you've worded your post, I'm not exactly surprised you've ended up as alone as me. 

Thankfully there are differences. 

Well said. A lot of bitterness and an undercurrent of anger in his post. 

HOLA447
1 hour ago, MarkG said:

If money was all you needed to raise kids well, many single mothers would do better than single fathers, because the father is usually condemned to work for a decade or more to send money her way. And single men are condemned to work for decades to send money to the government in tax, which it then hands out to single mothers.

Single mothers are a failure because very few of them are able to raise kids on their own, no matter how much money you give them. This is why no society before the modern West has ever tried it; at least, not for long, because it sends the society on a fast-track to collapse.

Kids need someone to teach them how to live, and fathers will do that, while mothers mostly won't. So the boys commit petty crimes, the mother supports them, and they go on to commit more and worse crimes because they don't get punished. The girls have no-one to tell them not to spread their legs for the first 'bad boy' who comes along, and soon they're knocked-up and a single mother themselves.

And sorry I triggered you by merely pointing out facts, but I'd have a mix of boys and girls myself. But the girls would have to expect to do something useful for a living, rather than marry a rich guy, divorce him, and move in with the tattooed pool boy. Because that option is about to disappear.

Anyway, back more on topic. Consumerism is going to die because fewer and fewer men will feel the need to buy all kinds of crap for women when they can just buy a sex-bot who's better-looking and better-behaved than any women they're able to attract. And that will make a nomadic lifestyle much easier for men to adopt.

Ffs. What have I just read. Yep, definitely a reason you'll need a sex bot and it's not because it's your choice ?

They'll evolve too and end up leaving twatters. Fingers crossed. 

HOLA448

My plan is to keep saving hard and do what @wish I could afford one has done and retire early on the continent.

If it was just me, that point would come earlier and I would buy a cheap place near a river, lake, mountains or the sea, as a base, most likely France. Then I'd own a good camper van and spend much of the year in the van touring Europe (including the UK).

As it is not just me, we have schools to consider and various other ties to a "normal" life. So the retirement day is delayed a little and no chance of living out of a van for months at a time when there is schooling to consider. Though if I could convince the wife, I'd home-school for a year or two and let the kids learn more than just academia while on the road in the van. Still, we feel our future is in mainland Europe rather than the UK. EU passports for both of us mean it becomes a relatively trivial matter.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
1 hour ago, winkie said:

Income is relative......you can earn a lot living in one place and always feel hard-up or earn a lot less in another place and feel flush.;)

2 hours ago, prozac said:

Lol, how much is the salary in your new location 

So relatively (except for housing) salary is much the same as uk, slightly more but more expensive too. Critical (to taking the car at least) was the relocation package and cost of reasonable furniture and clothes for everything else. 

HOLA4413
18 hours ago, MarkG said:

Yes. To convince their husbands to work hard and spend lots of money, thereby keeping up house prices and funnelling large amounts of tax to the state, which gives most of it to unmarried women.

But that game changes very soon, as high-quality sex-bots are maybe ten years away, and artificial wombs ten to twenty. A sex-bot won't complain about living in a shack in the woods instead of a McMansion in Surrey, and kids will just be a matter of printing out an egg and waiting nine months.

Agree completely. If prostitution was fully normalised I think 80-90% of men would stay single/unmarried. For men on the whole and particularly in the modern world women essentially only have one purpose (the obvious one). Once that issue is solved, then men are quite happy to go about their own business without any reference to women.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
17 hours ago, MarkG said:

Sex is not a big deal anyone can get sex - if all else fails there are loads of working girls.

A relationship is about love, respect, tolerance, having a laugh, mutual support and much else.  You seem to focus on sex and have a cynical untrusting attitude which is why girls do not find you attractive.

A lot of geeky guys struggle to form real relationships and friendships.   

17 hours ago, prozac said:

Deep down you are a decent sort, someone who can love for that long must have some admirable qualities.

Seconded - you are a good man.  

16 hours ago, BoredByTorque said:

Ffs. What have I just read. Yep, definitely a reason you'll need a sex bot and it's not because it's your choice ?

LOL agreed

28 minutes ago, Errol said:

Agree completely. If prostitution was fully normalised I think 80-90% of men would stay single/unmarried. For men on the whole and particularly in the modern world women essentially only have one purpose (the obvious one). Once that issue is solved, then men are quite happy to go about their own business without any reference to women.

Nonsense a relationship is about love and much else.  The fact that prostitution is not legal is irrelevant any one can find a working girl any day they want if they so wish.  

HOLA4416
59 minutes ago, Errol said:

I'm not sure how you arrived at that figure, or why you believe you understand 90% of men.

It might apply to you, and I'm sure to others too.

But for me, and in my experience for a good deal more than 10-20% of the population, a relationship is about a lot more than just sex.

HOLA4417

I was single for years - had little in the house but did acquire a lot of mechanical stuff for my engineering hobbies. I was getting ready to move to the UAE before things changed there and before I met my wife - moving my tools and projects was a key consideration, couldn't imagine passing the time like other expats just turning up to parties, the gymn, work....ohh she's nice....followed by....nursery, private schools, etc.

Nothing wrong with acquiring a lot of stuff, does restrict you with moving though.

Did fancy moving, not because I'm not keen on the UK but because I wanted to settle down, didn't fancy my chances of meeting the right partner unless I went East of Germany and beyond - anywhere between Poland and China I fancied was a likely prospect - just based on past experience.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
28 minutes ago, bushblairandbrown said:

Might be fun for a month but that sounds unbearably boring to me. Genuinely. 

Up to you.

I've done it when I was younger for six months and loved it. I was hooked and it's been my dream since those youthful days to be able to do it whenever I want. What's not to like. You're waking up in some of the most beautiful scenery, new places whenever you like, you're your own boss, freedom to go where you like (within reason). The only part that "stinks" is the splash back when emptying the onboard toilet. Rookie mistake.

Edited by dugsbody

HOLA4421
29 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

Up to you.

I've done it when I was younger for six months and loved it. I was hooked and it's been my dream since those youthful days to be able to do it whenever I want. What's not to like. You're waking up in some of the most beautiful scenery, new places whenever you like, you're your own boss, freedom to go where you like (within reason). The only part that "stinks" is the splash back when emptying the onboard toilet. Rookie mistake.

Well I hope it works out for you. Good luck getting the ducks lined up to let you do it. I know some people do genuinely love that sort of thing. 

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
17 hours ago, Errol said:

What did he say specifically that was wrong? I couldn't see anything I disagreed with.

Well that says a lot about you doesn't it.

I'll just re-share this 

<<Single mothers are a failure because very few of them are able to raise kids on their own, no matter how much money you give them. This is why no society before the modern West has ever tried it; at least, not for long, because it sends the society on a fast-track to collapse. Kids need someone to teach them how to live, and fathers will do that, while mothers mostly won't. So the boys commit petty crimes, the mother supports them, and they go on to commit more and worse crimes because they don't get punished. The girls have no-one to tell them not to spread their legs for the first 'bad boy' who comes along, and soon they're knocked-up and a single mother themselves.>>

It's the biggest load of mysoginist cr@p I've read on here, and over the years there's been plenty of competition. 

I can't do enough eye rolls at the total boys club this site it.

I came here 8 years ago after I'd just bought in London and panicked. Not that I had to it turns out but who knew back then. 

I stayed because some of the threads were interesting and I agreed with the general sentiment.

But it's probably time I archieved this site. I sold my London house for a 80% profit last summer and now live mortgage free in Aus. Good times.

And as I don't actively want to go back to the UK and BS like this post aren't called out, I'm done.

HOLA4424

Leftfield choice for somewhere to emigrate to... northern / Flemish (Dutch speaking) part of Belgium.

Everyone speaks English.  More chilled than Holland with Catholic fiestas and great beer.  Better schools than French or German  speaking parts of Belgium.  Beaches.  Probably lots of work in Antwerp or Brussels and access to more work in Holland, Germany, Luxembourg and France.  

Unlike Netherlands, they allow multiple nationalities.

I was tempted but the draw of the bright lights (actually council have cut down and taped over the street lights), culture (drunken fights and murders) and shopping (closed: MarksSparks, BHS, main department store, Woolworths) of Northampton drew me back.

Combining that with the excellent public transport and infrastructure (buses not connected to trains, Sunday services cut, five week wait for doctor appointment, town council that lost 10 million to some shysters over a football ground and a bankrupt county council that voted itself out of existence after years of waste (new offices never occupied), gambling (weird financial loans) and penny pinching of support of people).

Where's the Belgium job ads again?

HOLA4425
14 hours ago, NorthamptonBear said:

bankrupt county council

It's bad that until I saw that you mentioned Northampton I thought this was my local county council, Who have also taken a bath on a dodgy football ground deal,  Only instead of empty offices Shropshire council has 2 almost empty shopping centers it purchased in a 3 for the price of 3 deal last year.