House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Si1

Landlord and neighbour's landlord in dispute over ruined fence

Landlord and neighbour's landlord in dispute over ruined fence between the properties. Deeds aren't clear who owns the fence. Our kids can't play in back garden until it's fixed as in current state it's dangerous. Any advice?

Maybe get the council around to take a look and create some official documentation that they think it's dangerous?

Surely the boundaries are denoted on the land registry plan?  If not the only solution I can see is to appoint a solicitor to delve further.  Problem is that in this sort of case neither party is likely to be in any hurry to resolve the issue.  

I guess the alternative is to ask the LL for a reduction in rent as you are unable to use the full facilities of the property for health and safety reasons.  

On 18/02/2019 at 13:19, happyguy said:

Surely the boundaries are denoted on the land registry plan?  If not the only solution I can see is to appoint a solicitor to delve further.  Problem is that in this sort of case neither party is likely to be in any hurry to resolve the issue.  

I guess the alternative is to ask the LL for a reduction in rent as you are unable to use the full facilities of the property for health and safety reasons.  

My landlord says his deeds are unclear on the issue, of who's responsible for the divider. My landlord has offered to go halves with the other landlord, unless the other landlord can provide evidence that it is indeed my landlord's whole responsibility. Other landlord has failed to respond to this so far.

Indeed, the problem is as you state.

My Landlord and neighbours deeds are boths unclear on who owns the boundary fences.... 

The end of my garden is walled by a garage attached to a house, perpendicular to our house... and even that boundary isnt denoted in my lanrdlords or that properties owners deeds...

In our row non of the fence boudaries for the gardens are clearly denoted on any paperwork