House Price Crash Forum
PeanutButter

Mortgages without Mum and Dad’s help

Valuable assistance for those less fortunate OR Propping up the failing market ??

Mortgages without Mum and Dad’s help

The deposit-free mortgages I am proposing would be aimed at those whose net income would increase significantly by moving from renting to buying, and who are not fortunate enough to be able to draw on the ‘Bank of Mum and Dad’, writes Frank Field MP

Join the debate – email guardian.letters@theguardian.com

5 hours ago, PeanutButter said:

Valuable assistance for those less fortunate OR Propping up the failing market ??

Depends on a person's perspective.

To some it will represent manipulating the market others will see it as giving them the opportunity to buy a property. 

One man's meat.........

2 hours ago, happyguy said:

Depends on a person's perspective.

To some it will represent manipulating the market others will see it as giving them the opportunity to buy an overpriced property. 

One man's meat.........

Fixed?

In your opinion not in their opinion.  As I say it is all subjective you think it is not a good idea so you don't use it. No problem.

All the best. 

43 minutes ago, happyguy said:

In your opinion not in their opinion.  As I say it is all subjective you think it is not a good idea so you don't use it. No problem.

All the best. 

The problem is that if you think that this will spend tax payers money and make prices higher harming those who use it. You still have to pay taxes to fund this economic self harm - I don't think that is optional.