House Price Crash Forum

What next?

HOLA441

First-time home buyers get huge boost with Lloyds Bank’s first 100% mortgage
The Sun

FIRST-time home buyers will get a huge boost today — with Lloyds Bank’s first 100 per cent mortgage targeted at them. The bank will let them borrow enough cash to buy without a deposit. The Lend A Hand mortgage allows another family member to put up ten per cent of the loan as “security”. That... Read the full story

HOLA442
HOLA443
5 hours ago, 2rocketman said:

The Sun

FIRST-time home buyers will get a huge boost today — with Lloyds Bank’s first 100 per cent mortgage targeted at them. The bank will let them borrow enough cash to buy without a deposit. The Lend A Hand mortgage allows another family member to put up ten per cent of the loan as “security”. That... Read the full story

The clause I couldn't quite find is how the bank takes the security loan if house prices drop. 

This whole scheme is known as " offloading btl:  a guide for evil  step parents". That's it's market.

Its only purpose is to help step parents get top dollar from its btl off their own relatives

(Any kind parent would gift the 10% and get a normal mortgage) 

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
12 minutes ago, LetsBuild said:

Hmmm I’m a FTB with significant deposit that I would love to get 2.5% on. I have a debt addicted BTLer boomer father who would love access to more credit - the perfect product for the topsy turvey **  world we live in!

** corrupt

HOLA448
HOLA449
11 hours ago, 2rocketman said:

The Sun

We will still have the same old inadequate housing stock...same restricted supply.  Nobody is better housed because Lloyds' loosen credit rules.  More credit simply means some idiot or desperado will take Lloyds' offer in order to win the bidding.  Forcing prices higher than they would have been without Lloyds' scheme.  Nobody is better housed than they would have otherwise been but they have paid more and taken out more debt for what they would have had otherwise for less.

Huge boost? - Yes to debt levels.  

HOLA4410
HOLA4411