Landlord review site

30 minutes ago, thewig said:

Rate your DEBTjunkie scumbag IO mortgage holder:

1: Scumbag

2: Scumbag

3: Scumbag

4: Scumbag

5: Scumbag

Be fair now, there's lots of flavours of debtjunkie scumbags. In my years of renting I've had the cheapskate scumbags who will never spend anything on repairs and maintenance (but of course they want to bang the rent up despite the fact that the property is in worse condition than when we moved in), the control freak who wanted to perform inspections at regular intervals and would literally run her finger along the top of the doors and look under the sofa cushions for dust, the trespasser who let herself in without notice or permission when I was sat in my dressing gown in the living room (she had tried calling my partner 1 minute before who hadn't picked up because she was at work), the power-crazed one who instantly gave us a S21 when we requested a list of minor repairs after several years of living in the property etc etc. Gawd bless the good ol' British landlord.

1 hour ago, thewig said:

Rate your DEBTjunkie scumbag IO mortgage holder:

1: Scumbag

2: Scumbag

3: Scumbag

4: Scumbag

5: Scumbag

a nice varied view you have there.  

F king hell, illiterate yanks!!

It should be who's (WHO IS) not whose. Aaaaaaaargh.

The grammar and general language comprehension of Americans never ceases to amaze me. They go to school longer than us as well, mandatory to age 18. What DO they learn all day.

12 hours ago, EnglishinWales said:

The grammar and general language comprehension of Americans never ceases to amaze me. They go to school longer than us as well, mandatory to age 18. What DO they learn all day.

About to say the same thing. Shocking!

14 hours ago, EnglishinWales said:

To be fair, you see plenty of that sort of thing on this side of the pond, too. 

Who's/whose, your/you're/it's/its/there/their/they're.....   Never mind the likes of discreet/discrete. 

I'm not sure we are entitled to point the 'illiterate' finger at anyone. 

Edit - loose/lose!   How could I forget that?  

Edited by Mrs Bear

28 minutes ago, Mrs Bear said:

BTW, why don't  one of you lot who are IT whizzes, set up a similar site (with correct spelling of  course) for the UK?   

You would immediately come a cropper with gdpr, massive minefield that nobody wants to touch.

40 minutes ago, Mrs Bear said:

BTW, why don't  one of you lot who are IT whizzes, set up a similar site (with correct spelling of  course) for the UK?   

It would have an apostrophe, which ain’t great...

15 hours ago, EnglishinWales said:

They go to school longer than us as well, mandatory to age 18. What DO they learn all day.

Freedom.  Yee-har... :P

The GDPR issue would only apply to private individuals, correct? Once they set up as a limited company that's treated as a trading entity and open to review, surely?