House Price Crash Forum

Capricorn = Natural Bear? Discuss

HOLA441

Just read this about my Starsign - a bit of fun to lighten up the forum!

"Capricorn, the tenth Sign of the Zodiac, is all about hard work.

Life is one big project for these folks, and they adapt to this by adopting a businesslike approach to most everything they do. Capricorns are practical as well, taking things one step at a time and being as realistic and pragmatic as possible. The Capricorn-born are extremely dedicated to their goals, almost to the point of stubbornness. Boy, those victories sure smell sweet, though, and that thought alone will keep Capricorns going.

These folks feel best playing it safe, since this is a fail-safe way to get to the top -- eventually.

Thankfully, Capricorns are patient, too, and are happy to wait for their ship to come in. The flip side to this staid behavior is that Goats can become quite unforgiving of those who aren't as diligent or ambitious as they are. "

From: http://www.astrology.com/allaboutyou/sunsigns/capricorn.html

I think its true... been waiting a long time for the right moment to invest in property (3 years so far) and I don't think I'd be able to hold my tongue if the market does crash and someone dares to tell me about 'how lucky I've been' (although... I should be so lucky :D )

Anyways.... any other naturally bear'ish types out there?

- Pye (Property specualtion ninja :ph34r: )

HOLA442
HOLA443

I am a capricorn, but too sensible and stubborn to believe in it! I think we should start up a HPC equivilant.

BTL - Harsh times lie ahead when MEW crosses a raised IR etc. A chance meeting with a big stranger could leave you feeling out in the cold - i see the name "Bay" or "liff"!

FTB - Deranged loved ones speak no sense - if you follow their adice i see a big hole ahead. Listen to common sense and you won't get stung.

STR - Well you lot can see into the future anyway!

HOLA444

You WHAT? This is the best and most precient thread I have seen on this site. You may be right. Earth signs have a tendency to this kind of stubbornness.

In terms of my own contribution to this debate all I can say is - to you guys out there who have been / are being nagged into buying at just the wrong time - well I really have to apologise for my Cancer sisters who are the great homemakers and almost certainly your wife.

You gotta understand, it just kills a Cancer woman not to be able to make a nest. All I can advise you is you need to give her lots of little treats (choccie ones are good) and homie little things and spend lots of time padding your temporary nest for her. Buy a really nice warm cuddly 'meantime' couch!

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

I am Taurean, which lends further support to my own view that astrology is largely hokum!

Actually you are wrong. Like Capricorn, Taureans are earth signs. If you sun is facing towards the earth then you are likely to be down to earth and fairly straightforward, in the case of Taurus possibly stubborn and pig headed! Hence I will never be able to convince you of the effiacy of astrology :P Does bull in a china shop ring a bell? or should that be bear?

HOLA448

Actually you are wrong. Like Capricorn, Taureans are earth signs. If you sun is facing towards the earth then you are likely to be down to earth and fairly straightforward, in the case of Taurus possibly stubborn and pig headed! Hence I will never be able to convince you of the effiacy of astrology :P Does bull in a china shop ring a bell? or should that be bear?

Okay, I'll bite. I'm a Cancer. I talked my Leo hubby into STR. I don't need to have a mortgage to make a home.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Guest Winners and Losers

I'm a Taurean too. We are good builders of anything, including wealth apparently. Cautious? I wonder what TTRTR and CIUW are?

I am Taurean, which lends further support to my own view that astrology is largely hokum!