House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rantnrave

Land Registry Nov 2018 (Released Jan 16th 2019)

Thanks for posting - not great numbers nationally, but Oxford's down 2.6% annually which is nice!

Seems to be quite a bit of variation across the SE, but all the growth's definitely in the midlands / North.

Edited by ftb_fml
Manners

40 minutes ago, Sperm Donor said:

Thanks for posting rantnrave.

Sales volumes continue to plummet. I wonder why.

We have thism discussion every month and i have given up explaining why this is wrong. Believe this if you want but it is a function of how the properties are registered and some can take many months to be finally registered with the land registry. The following quote might explain it as we have had 3 years of crashing volumes and plummeting sales according ton poeple on this forums interpretation of the LR figures which looking back over this time haven't actually occurred

"Note: The ‘Difference’ column has been removed from this table as the latest month’s data are not yet complete.

The estimate for September 2018 is calculated based on around 85% of the final registered transactions. The number of property transactions for September 2018 will increase as more transactions are incorporated into the index."

1 minute ago, Pebbles said:

We have thism discussion every month and i have given up explaining why this is wrong. Believe this if you want but it is a function of how the properties are registered and some can take many months to be finally registered with the land registry. The following quote might explain it as we have had 3 years of crashing volumes and plummeting sales according ton poeple on this forums interpretation of the LR figures which looking back over this time haven't actually occurred

"Note: The ‘Difference’ column has been removed from this table as the latest month’s data are not yet complete.

The estimate for September 2018 is calculated based on around 85% of the final registered transactions. The number of property transactions for September 2018 will increase as more transactions are incorporated into the index."

Under that though it says:

Comparing the provisional volume estimate for September 2017 with the provisional estimate for September 2018, volume transactions decreased by 7.9% in England.

1 hour ago, Fromage Frais said:

Seldom any Brexit bargains around my way.

I think many sellers are waiting to be saved by the peoples vote.

I am looking forward to the best of three campaign

6 hours ago, rantnrave said:

I probably know at least 20 plus of the areas listed, none of the average prices make logical sense knowing the areas like I do. The only postive area, and that's positive relative to the rest of the countries prices, is Northumberland, unspoken little gem up there if you are an outdoors rural loving person like me.

52 minutes ago, localhero1983 said:

Ohhhhhhhh, Don't you dare say that on the Brexit thread🙂

🤣 I popped over there today just for a bit and seem to have come out in one piece.

Does anyone know why LR shows 1.1% m/m UP for the South West? Is there a specific part of that market driving that?

I looked at a house there in December for which the previous buyer had chickened out. I had the distinct impression from Mr EA that the market was not great.

Since xmas there has been an enormous amount of new stock in stark contrast to my London area where it's really really quiet on the RM email alerts.

Edited by ebull
typo vendor-buyer

16 minutes ago, ebull said:

🤣 I popped over there today just for a bit and seem to have come out in one piece.

Does anyone know why LR shows 1.1% m/m UP for the South West? Is there a specific part of that market driving that?

I looked at a house there in December for which the previous buyer had chickened out. I had the distinct impression from Mr EA that the market was not great.

Since xmas there has been an enormous amount of new stock in stark contrast to my London area where it's really really quiet on the RM email alerts.

There is about a 3 or 4 month lag with LR, it's only going to get worse as the year goes on

So I just plotted the sales volume from 2010-2018 in groups comparing each month, essentially it was lower from 2010-2013 then jumped in mid 2013 (presumably due to HTB) then remained fairly constant, March 2016 is an outlier due to tax changes.

2018 appears to have slightly lower volumes than 2017, but not outwith the 2014-2017 range. September 2018 is significantly lower, but likely incomplete.

image.png.700fe88052d2dfabbe11f3ba2fa2f6b8.png 

12 hours ago, rantnrave said:

My town is up one of the highest figures in the whole report. Grrr.

Luton has been one of the biggest gainers in recent times which is probably why its hit the skids now , only so long you can keep going up near double digits per year.On rightmove seens some quite big falls recently and rents are certainly under some pressure.

Made me laugh a few weeks ago the local free paper front page ..Luton top town for Londoners to move to ..underneath article on the rising cost of homelessness in the town due to unaffordable housing ...jee I wonder if there is a link between the two ...