House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

longgone

always the little guy thats gets jailed

On 07/01/2019 at 17:15, elephant said:

Those small time scammers broke the law, eBay haven’t.  Don’t blame the player for playing by the rules.  Blame the governshit for making the rules!

hey i`m all for recycling why are stamps any different. 

On 12/01/2019 at 13:31, longgone said:

hey i`m all for recycling why are stamps any different. 

So’s stealing other people’s stuff so let’s all do that too. I’ll pop round your house and ‘recycle’ all your belongings in to my possession ;) 

22 hours ago, elephant said:

So’s stealing other people’s stuff so let’s all do that too. I’ll pop round your house and ‘recycle’ all your belongings in to my possession ;) 

it`s not stealing, where does it say on a book of stamps they are one use only.  after all paper notes are multi use. 

5 hours ago, longgone said:

it`s not stealing, where does it say on a book of stamps they are one use only.  after all paper notes are multi use. 

Oh sh!t, you’d better get in touch with the judge that sent them down!  Sounds like he got it all wrong seeing as you said it’s ok to reuse stamps!!  Damn that pesky Royal Mail and judicial system not knowing what you know!

1 hour ago, elephant said:

Oh sh!t, you’d better get in touch with the judge that sent them down!  Sounds like he got it all wrong seeing as you said it’s ok to reuse stamps!!  Damn that pesky Royal Mail and judicial system not knowing what you know!

Well, it's easy to assume one knows right from wrong in all manner of things, but you have to acknowledge what we might consider fundamental, obvious, self-evident truths are nothing of the sort.

Take the money in your bank. It is not your money. It is a form of bank credit. That's why they can say you are only entitled to 85k when things go t1ts up.

Take virtual property, like company data storage space. The law tells us that attempting to access this w/o correct authorisation is a crime. We call it hacking. Makes sense; or does it. Pure trespass is merely considered a wrong in law. Prosecution requires some other offense, like damage.

And what about data theft? Sure it's an offense. But so is allowing it, under data protection. Maybe RM managers have been negligent in failing to protect shareholder's profits?

What about theft of your money from a bank (other than by the bank itself - the £85k limit). Sure, that's a crime. But is allowing it to happen a crime? Nope. You have to prove negligence to get compensation, and deploying best it security best practice will snooker that.

And is the law sufficient to protect property? The BoE doesn't think so. Why else would they be forever making changes to thwart the forgers? If they think it necessary, hoe come RM continue to produce stamps that can be easily recycled?

So yeah, instinctively we agree a crime was committed by this couple. But that view might no always prevail.

1 hour ago, elephant said:

I make my own rules. You only need to know their rules when you get caught.

Shame enterprising couple that.

1 hour ago, longgone said:

I make my own rules. You only need to know their rules when you get caught.

Shame enterprising couple that.

:D