House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lou G

The First Property I've Seen Take A Loss!

http://www.houseprices.co.uk/e.php?q=pinfo...n+staveley&n=10

Okay, its a couple of thousand pounds!!! but this is the first time I have seen a property take a loss!!!.

21 Pinfold Green, bought for £228 in 03 and sold for £225 in December 05.!. This was originally up for £270k and was reduced and reduced!!!!. Notice a detached has just sold for £360k that was advertised at £375k..... interesting times!!!!

Lou

3K works for me. Its a 1.3% drop over a three year period - which means that all of the subsequent gains over 2003 and 2005 have been wiped out in an effect that has kicked-in in only about 5 months and is not yet showing up on the stats books (we already noticed tonight that Land Registry figures are slow to pick up all of the relevant data). That sure beats a 0.8% rise in the past 6 months, as advertised earlier this week.

http://www.houseprices.co.uk/e.php?q=pinfo...n+staveley&n=10

Okay, its a couple of thousand pounds!!! but this is the first time I have seen a property take a loss!!!.

21 Pinfold Green, bought for £228 in 03 and sold for £225 in December 05.!. This was originally up for £270k and was reduced and reduced!!!!. Notice a detached has just sold for £360k that was advertised at £375k..... interesting times!!!!

Lou

Nice one!

Does anybody know where I can get the whole houseprices.co.uk database or its equivalent? It won't take a lot of analysis to pull out all the instances of multiple sales of the same property and get the trend for losses or gains.

EP

Does anybody know where I can get the whole houseprices.co.uk database or its equivalent? It won't take a lot of analysis to pull out all the instances of multiple sales of the same property and get the trend for losses or gains.

Excellent idea, but I would guess you'd find yourself staring at an overall gain. A lot of properties showing as resales will be "BTS" or "Buy To do up and Sell" properties. So they will have had lots of money spent on them in the hope of turning a profit.

Nice one!

EP

I contacted the Land Registry about getting access to the data - first year cost alone was about £15k (I think) and an ongoing annual license. I wanted to write a mobile version of HousePrices.co.uk so you could check sold prices on your phone whilst in the EAs, but didn't have the spare cash ...

But I can dig out the contact details if you like.

I contacted the Land Registry about getting access to the data - first year cost alone was about £15k (I think) and an ongoing annual license. I wanted to write a mobile version of HousePrices.co.uk so you could check sold prices on your phone whilst in the EAs, but didn't have the spare cash ...

But I can dig out the contact details if you like.

How d'ya reckon houseprices.co.uk makes money / intends to make money? Do you think those google ads bring in > 15k?

You're right about a mobile service being cool though. I could well imagine sitting in an EA's, covertly texting a postcode and receiving back a list of all the recent transactions. I could even imagine paying for it... hmm

How d'ya reckon houseprices.co.uk makes money / intends to make money? Do you think those google ads bring in > 15k?

I'm not sure what licence they were look at for the above but the figure is around £3k, IIRC.

If you can do a well crafted FOI request you can get it for a nominal fee, that's how it was done originally.