House Price Crash Forum
crazypabs

Kirsty & Phil's love it or list it

35 minutes ago, crazypabs said:

Apparently this is season 4 for channel four. I've not heard of this show before. What do we think about the show, is it worth watching?

Never heard of it either. Did the commissioning team have a meeting and think "what we REALLY need is another new pwoperty pwogwamme"?

My record is 4 minutes 30 seconds of being able stand the sight and sound of Kirsty without wanting to smash the TV in. What am I missing, how do people listen to that woman and think they are being educated in anyway? 

43 minutes ago, localhero1983 said:

My record is 4 minutes 30 seconds of being able stand the sight and sound of Kirsty without wanting to smash the TV in. What am I missing, how do people listen to that woman and think they are being educated in anyway? 

_40604564_chavs203ok_bbc.jpg

Property professionals Phil Spencer and Kirstie Allsopp help families who are frustrated with their homes. Whether the homeowners have outgrown the space or they want a change of decor, their property no longer meets their requirements. Offering solutions on each home is Kirstie, who believes the owners can learn to "love it," whereas Phil thinks they should "list it" and make the most of a rising property market. After meeting each couple, the presenters find out all they can about the family involved, how they use their current home and what they would want from a new one. With a budget equal to the cost of moving, Kirstie and a team of property developers transform each house to make it loveable once again. Meanwhile, Phil seeks out properties in the owners' most desired locations.

59 minutes ago, Si1 said:

Property professionals Phil Spencer and Kirstie Allsopp help families who are frustrated with their homes.

"professionals"?

I will maybe allow Phil that title, but Kirsty?

I once ever so politely asked Kirsty on Twitter what were her qualifications when it came to property, this was about a decade ago now. She just went into a mad rant as I just remained polite and calm, I had several messages off her and could not help but think she was trying to lead my into a trap where I abused her and then she could yet again talk about how she is threatened online, obviously I never gave her the ammo and just simply wanted to know what made her such an "expert", she then blocked me😂

Seriously vile woman, the one and only thing I like about  Alan "spiv" Sugar is his hatred of this woman

3 minutes ago, localhero1983 said:

"professionals"?

I once ever so politely asked Kirsty on Twitter what were her qualifications when it came to property, this was about a decade ago now. She just went into a mad rant as I just remained polite and calm, I had several messages off her and could not help but think she was trying to lead my into a trap where I abused her and then she could yet again talk about how she is threatened online, obviously I never gave her the ammo and just simply wanted to know what made her such an "expert", she then blocked me😂

Seriously vile woman, the one and only thing I like about  Alan "spiv" Sugar is his hatred of this woman

Sir Alan has just rocketed in my estimation. I didn't know this.

I had an urge to fill this page with utter vitriol about her but life is too short and others are doing it for me. Thank you all.

There was once a thread on here called people you wish would just f off.  I was laughing even before I got to the page, yes there they were, all the usual suspects. I made a list of my own and ended up despising myself as much as the people on it for having done so.

In the end it's the public's fault for falling for these people but even my partner is now fed up of K&P. She still likes the "crafts" though. There is a major rift when it comes on and I told her I'd rather die in a bedsit that put up with it any more.

I can almost abide Phil, but short of the obvious mass murderers, paedos etc. she is the lowest form of life I can think of. And if you are considering watching LIOLI just don't. Don't even think about it. No! No! No! It is even more repulsive than their previous offerings.

14 minutes ago, Bluestone59 said:

I had an urge to fill this page with utter vitriol about her but life is too short and others are doing it for me. Thank you all.

There was once a thread on here called people you wish would just f off.  I was laughing even before I got to the page, yes there they were, all the usual suspects. I made a list of my own and ended up despising myself as much as the people on it for having done so.

In the end it's the public's fault for falling for these people but even my partner is now fed up of K&P. She still likes the "crafts" though. There is a major rift when it comes on and I told her I'd rather die in a bedsit that put up with it any more.

I can almost abide Phil, but short of the obvious mass murderers, paedos etc. she is the lowest form of life I can think of. And if you are considering watching LIOLI just don't. Don't even think about it. No! No! No! It is even more repulsive than their previous offerings.

Along with other things I just get the impression she really does not like people and has a delusional belief that she is adored, well maybe she is by some. Her views usually seem to stem not from what is good for people, but herself. My personal favourite was her preaching on how she thought it was tacky and horrible women who wear jeans and how she thought they should be wearing English rose type dresses, my one thought straight away was her stuffing  her fat massive a*** into some 501's which was probably the reason she never liked them and the fact that so many women do look great in them.

I can put up with Phil myself, Sarah Beeny is even OK, it really is just her. Had the property crash started in 2008 like it should have done I suspect that along with Blair, Brown, Northern Rock she would have joined them in the history books as one of the poster girls of the great property crash and been rightly despised.

2 hours ago, localhero1983 said:

I do think she is very hot.

i have always been jealous of Phil working with such a hot attractive intelligent woman, I even suspected he was gay not making a pass at her.

Edited by prozac

10 hours ago, crazypabs said:

Apparently this is season 4 for channel four. I've not heard of this show before. What do we think about the show, is it worth watching?

Never heard of them either. Exactly what are their qualifications?

1 hour ago, Bluestone59 said:

+1

He's working class self-made.

She's entirely privileged and always has a rich family to bail out her every mistake.

I can see plenty to despise.

On my first take I saw: "Kirsty & Phil's love it or Fist it".  Which I thought was likely to be a documentary exploring the next stage of their relationship

Friend of friend etc had to do some filming in her house a few years back. She spent a lot of the time yelling full volume at her husband.

At least the kids are entirely raised by nannies, there’s a chance they’ll be able to pronounce fireplace properly.

4 hours ago, Diver Dan said:

Never heard of them either. Exactly what are their qualifications?

Qualifications mean nothing when it comes to something worth watching or listening to..... entertainment to some...😉

28 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

Friend of friend etc had to do some filming in her house a few years back. She spent a lot of the time yelling full volume at her husband.

At least the kids are entirely raised by nannies, there’s a chance they’ll be able to pronounce fireplace properly.

In my real world anecdotal experience the fatter the burd the more yelly 

5 hours ago, localhero1983 said:

"professionals"?

Wrt Phil, I'm still awaiting the apology for endorsing Harlequin Properties...

Better quote...

But Phil Spencer said Harlequin was a winner! Said 'I am investing...I'm happy with the business model..'

Hear him on Moneybox today, as the sorry saga is revealed. 1 min 40 secs onwards...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01s3797/Money_Box_Investors_fear_for_their_cash_in_an_overseas_resort_scheme_and_chargeback_complications./

Excellent find! I could'nt get the actual ad anywhere online so the BBC clip is a keeper. Our Phil is described as "Presenter of C4s 'Location Location Location'" and his full quote is:

"I can see the vision is becoming a reality. Harlequin is what it says it is. I am investing and nobody did me a good deal or anything I'm happy with Harlequin model"

Moneybox describes David Ames as a "twice-bankrupt former double-glazing salesman." Apparently he raised £250m?

Edited by dryrot

1 hour ago, dryrot said:

Wrt Phil, I'm still awaiting the apology for endorsing Harlequin Properties...

Better quote...

But Phil Spencer said Harlequin was a winner! Said 'I am investing...I'm happy with the business model..'

Hear him on Moneybox today, as the sorry saga is revealed. 1 min 40 secs onwards...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01s3797/Money_Box_Investors_fear_for_their_cash_in_an_overseas_resort_scheme_and_chargeback_complications./

Excellent find! I could'nt get the actual ad anywhere online so the BBC clip is a keeper. Our Phil is described as "Presenter of C4s 'Location Location Location'" and his full quote is:

"I can see the vision is becoming a reality. Harlequin is what it says it is. I am investing and nobody did me a good deal or anything I'm happy with Harlequin model"

Moneybox describes David Ames as a "twice-bankrupt former double-glazing salesman." Apparently he raised £250m?

Trust me I am not praising Phil for his skills, just saying at least he has had some hands on experience, and good find by the way, these are the kind of people so many are basing their decisions on. I just want someone, anyone, to ask Kirsty what are your f***ing qualifications, surely it is a fair question, but the BS that is entertainment TV.

When I pushed her on Twitter about qualifications she got out of me why I should ask and then went onto advise me what I should do, i.e load up with s*** loads of debt. I asked was it fair that University trained workers on over £40,000 were living no better lives than poncing single mothers with none of the fathers on the scene and  who had no education and hardly ever worked were living equal lifestyles to those that worked hard for it, was it fair I asked her being as she was the poster girl of BTL that takes a huge chunk of the £40 Billion per year housing benefit.. Twitter then blocked 🙂

7 hours ago, Si1 said:

+1

He's working class self-made.

She's entirely privileged and always has a rich family to bail out her every mistake.

I can see plenty to despise.

Thank you!

There was, a few years ago, a show in which Sir Alan had been inveigled into bringing in some consultants to look at one of his businesses. After a couple of days he came in and chucked them all out. He said "what are you selling? I'll tell you what you're selling, nothing!" I didn't see it, a mate told me, said I'd have loved it.

While he strikes me as a bit of a bully and is heavily into property (commercial I believe) himself, he is literally a god compared with those two who in a sane world would starve if they couldn't find a different useful occupation. 

I have to wonder if any of the Teutonic countries have rubbish like this on their TV and what they would make of it when seeing it for the first time.

8 hours ago, prozac said:

i have always been jealous of Phil working with such a hot attractive intelligent woman, I even suspected he was gay not making a pass at her.

You are Kirsty and I claim my £5.

8 hours ago, prozac said:

I agree I always wanted to plough her with a blunt chainsaw.