House Price Crash Forum

Carney, King et al Keiser Report

Panda

HOLA441

Timothy Maxwell "Max" Keiser mada an interesting observation today about our dear masters at the Central Bank...

Quote" Print money to jack up asset prices only to leave the majority scrambling around looking for the odd crumb"

I know it's about the long end of the yield curve, but he has made a very good point regarding where we are at in this cycle.  What next.

Like he says" when you slay all the customers then where next"....

Mythical wealth which bears no resemblance to real values relative to our own each individual GDP.

Odd times we live in.

Edited by Panda

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
26 minutes ago, bushblairandbrown said:

What does it even mean for an institution that can create money out of thin air to have savings/assets? That's a serious question. 

Confidence. Banks buy and sell securities. They buy things like your mortgage, and sell the financial instruments they derive from them when they refinance, either from the commercial repo market or the central bank.

The primary driver for our current situation was not real estate, it was a shortage of AAA rated securities for emerging markets to store their surpluses, around the turn of this century. Securities based on real estate happened to be the next best thing to gov debt.

HOLA448
13 hours ago, Panda said:

Timothy Maxwell "Max" Keiser mada an interesting observation today about our dear masters at the Central Bank...

Quote" Print money to jack up asset prices only to leave the majority scrambling around looking for the odd crumb"

I know it's about the long end of the yield curve, but he has made a very good point regarding where we are at in this cycle.  What next.

Mythical wealth which bears no resemblance to real values relative to our own each individual GDP.

Odd times we live in.

I just wish the inevitable collapse would just get on with it, I am sick of watching the banks throwing their hosts off a cliff and flap their arms because they really can fly.

I am just waiting for the splatter

HOLA449
48 minutes ago, bushblairandbrown said:

What does it even mean for an institution that can create money out of thin air to have savings/assets? That's a serious question. 

It just cracks me up when these people taken in by forever rising house prices and the virtues of the banking  system will snigger at bitcoin, not an investor by the way

HOLA4410
14 hours ago, Panda said:

Odd times we live in.

Odd indeed. So who is the consumer of last resort? Has the golden goose been eaten?

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
3 hours ago, localhero1983 said:

I am amazed at the man/woman on the street, so many people being screwed over since the late 1990's  and hardly a whimper, Brexit comes along and we are now each others throats

One of the most common Remain arguments is the prospect of falling asset values. The irony is completely lost on them. The other one is blaming "Tory austerity". I wonder how keen they'd be to swap Osborne for Schäuble under the same circumstances?

To be honest I would prefer to remain. However, I truly believe the Euro is toast and will take the EU down with it.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
5 minutes ago, dom said:

Well, there's ****** all chance of us trying to reform it from the outside.

Because it will never be reformed, the leaders are mad. I would support a sane European Union but this is not such an animal, thus it will die. I suspect a debt crisis starting this year and the Brits taking the blame - a small price for freedom.

Edited by TwoWolves

HOLA4419
1 minute ago, TwoWolves said:

Because it will never be reformed, the leaders are mad. I would support a sane European Union but this is not such an animal, thus it will die. I suspect a debt crisis starting this year and the Brits taking the blame - a small price for freedom.

Probably our own debt crisis too.

HOLA4420
On 26/12/2018 at 19:34, localhero1983 said:

I am amazed at the man/woman on the street, so many people being screwed over since the late 1990's  and hardly a whimper, Brexit comes along and we are now each others throats

That's because we've been brainwashed into believing there are far more important issues in society such as perceived ''gender inequality'' and LGBTQ ''issues''

The above are far more pressing dilemmas than the mere fact that the banks, the corps, the wealthy elite and their political establishment puppets have turned 90% of the UK population (of ALL genders and orientations) into disenfranchised debt slave worker drones.

Edited by nome

HOLA4421
5 hours ago, nome said:

That's because we've been brainwashed into believing there are far more important issues in society such as perceived ''gender inequality'' and LGBTQ ''issues''

The above are far more pressing dilemmas than the mere fact that the banks, the corps, the wealthy elite and their political establishment puppets have turned 90% of the UK population (of ALL genders and orientations) into disenfranchised debt slave worker drones.

I have tried introducing this into politcal discussions but get baffled looks back or simply anger that I didnt blame tory austerity or brexit/EU etc for it?  The idea of robbing the masses via money printing and inflation isnt a commonly held concept in the UK at least in part because I think the inflation isn't obvious in RPI/CPI form and many did get an unrealisable 'share' in the form of HPI.

As it happens I have already summerised Max's point with my trusty sharpie pen:

https://twitter.com/ninjaowlsatire/status/1075151775701848064

captain carnage QE.png

HOLA4422
On 26/12/2018 at 23:02, dom said:

To be honest I would prefer to remain. However, I truly believe the Euro is toast and will take the EU down with it.

That's not a contradiction; it's the policy may is too stupid to adopt. 

You just ignore Europe and their laws, carry on paying 30 billion a year and wait for Europe to blow up. 

Then you have a chat about the Europe we all want... not euro man but variety, not political union but free trading independent states. Not bismark but the old German states. 

As for the golden goose: the banks get all the houses back when the rates go up. What's not to like (if you're the bank)? 

HOLA4423
10 hours ago, dom said:

Well, there's ****** all chance of us trying to reform it from the outside.

On the contrary, I believe there’s no chance of reforming it from the inside. Just like the medical establishment. Many inside changes are often due to outside progress, which exposes the establishment to be behind.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
6 hours ago, nome said:

It has happened in so many ways, "issues" that I once had time for have been thrown in our faces so often and after so many of us fought along with so many causes has now backfired on us. I always remember those animals for example that killed Stephen Lawrence, I was disgusted at these individuals as were nearly everyone I knew. But where it later went was too much, not just for those animals that committed that vile crime, but "all of us" had to look at ourselves, the constant preaching at white people to now watching the daily black on black stabbings where hardly anyone knows the names of those murdered, only the one white on black is remembered decades ago.

The biggest moral crimes in the UK today are probably at average time poor people on average wages in that they are being squeezed financially into the poorest mental health the UK has seen for so long, and even death. Right now we are done with minority issues, immigration, single mothers(Huh!), fat people, gay people, short people, those skint people mostly supporting and paying for it need help before they crumble and we all treat each other like s***