House Price Crash Forum
crazypabs

Merry Christmas everyone

It's at times like this I'm really glad I don't have a portfolio of crappy BTLs to worry about (not to mention a large amount of mortgage debt).

I think this is the year that S24 is really going to bite hard!

And on the ATTT facebook page, the penny seems to be finally starting to drop that landlords selling up in large numbers is exactly what the government were trying to achieve all along...

Wait till they also realise that tenants can indeed afford to buy, but only if the price comes down a lot first... In fact their selling up *depends* on tenants being able to afford to buy.

Merry Christmas 🙂

4 minutes ago, oatbake said:

It's at times like this I'm really glad I don't have a portfolio of crappy BTLs to worry about (not to mention a large amount of mortgage debt).

I think this is the year that S24 is really going to bite hard!

And on the ATTT facebook page, the penny seems to be finally starting to drop that landlords selling up in large numbers is exactly what the government were trying to achieve all along...

Wait till they also realise that tenants can indeed afford to buy, but only if the price comes down a lot first... In fact their selling up *depends* on tenants being able to afford to buy.

Merry Christmas 🙂

What's ATTT?

39 minutes ago, Sausage said:

What's ATTT?

Sorry, Axe The Tenant Tax (ostensibly fighting for tenants' interests; actually a group of landlords trying to save their own sorry, overleveraged asses). Many of the landlords from Parasite118 frequently comment on the ATTT posts.

Happy Christmas

No debt, plenty of work and business is good, good health and I am happy, and I won't have my head in my hands and 3am in the morning worrying about a crashing property portfolio. OK, do not have my own home, but I have plenty to be thankful for

If you slightly rearrange the letters of the word Santa you get Satan.

He disguises himself every year as a fat bloke with a white beard and tries to get people to like him with materialism.

Can’t complain, my sales go up. Hail Santa!

1 hour ago, localhero1983 said:

Happy Christmas

No debt, plenty of work and business is good, good health and I am happy, and I won't have my head in my hands and 3am in the morning worrying about a crashing property portfolio. OK, do not have my own home, but I have plenty to be thankful for

sounds idyllic. i hope i get to visit that destination one day.

26 minutes ago, longgone said:

sounds idyllic. i hope i get to visit that destination one day.

So do I mate if you are not there, I have always found in my dark days if hope is strong then nothing beats you as you know better days are ahead, lose that though and you are in big trouble. I would sooner be in the gutter today knowing I was going to be in paradise tomorrow than be in an Ivory tower tonight knowing bad days were ahead were coming.

1 hour ago, Arpeggio said:

If you slightly rearrange the letters of the word Santa you get Satan.

He disguises himself every year as a fat bloke with a white beard and tries to get people to like him with materialism.

Can’t complain, my sales go up. Hail Santa!

No

That's all wrong, Santa, being with family or friends or both, goodwill to all men, those small meaningful gestures that come from the heart, tacky Xmas songs etc etc etc

None of it is bad or evil, it is just those that try and feed off it in a negative way that spoil it, like they do with so many things in life. I have drastically reduced the amount I spend on people this year even though I can more than afford it, I am having a great time. I think we are getting closer to rejecting the dark side of Xmas, Bankers, aggressive marketing, David and Posh 

Merry Xmas in whatever small way you see fit, I tend to go down the more pagan route these days

Christmas TV isn't complete without an Always platinum advert just after eating

As I'm writing two vomit inducing Nationwide adverts came on

14 minutes ago, localhero1983 said:

So do I mate if you are not there, I have always found in my dark days if hope is strong then nothing beats you as you know better days are ahead, lose that though and you are in big trouble. I would sooner be in the gutter today knowing I was going to be in paradise tomorrow than be in an Ivory tower tonight knowing bad days were ahead were coming.

#Health

#Hope

#Positivity

#Money 

the rest are optional 

4 minutes ago, chronyx said:

Christmas TV isn't complete without an Always platinum advert just after eating

As I'm writing two vomit inducing Nationwide adverts came on

could be worse 7 brides for 7 brothers is on. 

They should do a remake 7 single mums claiming benefits for 7 absent fathers. 

scrooge was good it reminded me of the landlord thread. 

2 minutes ago, longgone said:

Tis the season for immaculate conception!

32 minutes ago, longgone said:

Even worse 7 single mums claiming benefits for 14 absent fathers

Edited by Si1