House Price Crash Forum

Estate Agent Xmas Sales??

peter_2008

HOLA441

It looks like Xmas sales is actually a thing for the EAs. Where I am, SW, a large number of properties just came on to the market literally between just yesterday evening and this morning. I am talking about roughly 1 weeks worth of volume in one night.

For a moment, I thought the collapse is eventually happening, then I realised, like the fake Black Friday sales, most of the properties are just old stocks re-marketed as new and the asking price is about 10% higher than similar the UNSOLD properties that have been on the market for 6 months.

Anyone else seeing the same?

HOLA442

I think there is usually an increase in January. I think a lot of people think if you list before Christmas you probably have reduced viewings from mid December and then no viewings for a week, so you might as well wait. It's even worse if you put up a lot of Christmas decorations before taking photos and you still haven't sold and summer rolls around. Your photos give away that you haven't sold for half a year even if rightmove says you listed yesterday. Having said that, people say there are record number of people looking at rightmove on Boxing Day, so maybe it is worth doing.

In Hove, the number of properties for sale has been decreasing steadily for several months, but earlier in the year it was increasing, so I think it's roughly the same as a year or two ago.