House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

longgone

People that earn less than 50k are scum

9 hours ago, longgone said:

Why did an enormous swathe of the forgotten working class electorate vote leave again? The mind boggles....

2 hours ago, Si1 said:

Why did an enormous swathe of the forgotten working class electorate vote leave again? The mind boggles....

Hmm maybe for the very same reason he gives they should not have a vote.

I remember him in the 90's "whale on" on a Friday night he was always an annoying ahole. 

I think he underestimates how much wealth is needed to have a real stake in society.

1 hour ago, Si1 said:

Conveniently, though far from exclusively, it seemed that the better off you were the more likely to vote remain. No offence intended to anyone.

I suspect that the better off you were the more likely to have a property empire and so your rental income might take a hit from leaving. Sometimes it's the wallet it comes down to with just a thin veneer of idealism on top.

Further, I would like to challenge the use of the word "earn".  Is it just me or don't lots of people work themselves to the bone for far less than they deserve while others get a shedload of cash for doing not that much or for being completely useless in some cases?

I once worked in a factory making seat belt parts. A few people worked there because they couldn't cope with stress but you found out talking to them in the canteen that they were highly intelligent.

Anyone with a brain cell can see who the real scum are on this one.

I'd like to make it clear that I'm not at all opposed to remaining other than my tendency to vote against "the establishment's" desired outcome.  But this kind of sh1t could make me think otherwise.

7 minutes ago, longgone said:

I remember him in the 90's "whale on" on a Friday night he was always an annoying ahole. 

I think he underestimates how much wealth is needed to have a real stake in society.

Three friends of mine have never earnt anywhere near £50k as far as I know.

All three are in the vicinity of a net worth of £1m, one I think is over that.

A combination of modest inheritances, astute management, and a mortgage free property.  At least two of them voted Remain, don't know the third.

Whale is too idle even to think this through.

A typical project manager with a few years of experience in IT working in somewhere like Leeds might not earn £50k. Many do, many don't. I'd say the average is well under. I've picked a very specific job because I'm familiar with it and it covers working with people, managing responsibilities and having a decent understanding of technology type stuff.

The biggest fallacy is that even intelligent people have the slightest idea what the long term consequences of remain or Brexit might be. Human societies are hugely complex systems. Therefore everyone, rich , poor, thick or smart are merely working on best guess short term interests. You either don't do the vote (too complex- but politicians don't know either) or give everyone the vote. I know remainers that believe only certain people should get the vote and it makes me furious.

On ‎22‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:27, longgone said:

Last time he was on TV as any kind of "Star" was probably late 80`s? he needs all the publicity he can get, hence the daft pleading for attention statement. Who cares, we are going out "No Deal" now for sure IMO.

19 hours ago, dances with sheeple said:

Last time he was on TV as any kind of "Star" was probably late 80`s? he needs all the publicity he can get, hence the daft pleading for attention statement. 

alan-partridge-appreciation-night-with-a

So one minute they are saying brexit is bad for young people, hardly any of which make 50k a year. Now this guy saying you should make 50k to vote......rightyoh then

If he has ever said "brexit is bad for young people" in the past, or even that we need a 2nd referendum so young can vote again, this would be an entertaining expose of what an idiot he is.

I make £26 an hour and voted Leave. I'd work full time on that but the passive income I work on is overtaking my job.