House Price Crash Forum
Ah-so

Disabled woman evicted before Christmas … for highlighting the damp

New article:

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2018/dec/20/disabled-woman-evicted-before-christmas-for-highlighting-the-damp

'Wendy’s rent was paid in full during her 12-year tenancy, despite longstanding problems at the property, which she says included seven years of a leaking roof. She suspects that she was the victim of a “revenge eviction” – a punishment for her commencing legal proceedings because of conditions in the flat.'

I would have at least just banged the rents up on her first. spirit of Christmas and all that - no pictures no pets no curtains no children, white goods via surcharge, wheelchair at discretion of landlord etc.

If this is the flats I suspect, an extra floor was added, with substandard work to the roof leading to the gutters overflowing into the flats when it rains.  The main developer or contractor is 'uncontactable' so tenants are all basically in limbo. I genuinely pity anyone with a mortgage on a property that is unsellable through no fault of their own.

Edited by chronyx

“If a tenant has annoyed me I wait to pull the trigger in mid-November to screw up their Christmas.”

I think that this came from P118 - has it been removed? Can anyone link to the quote?

On 21/12/2018 at 17:27, Flybynight said:

I think that this came from P118 - has it been removed? Can anyone link to the quote?

It sounds like bullsh1t anyway - landlords will collect the money if the tenant is paying and get rid of them if they have stopped paying the rent or are not looking after the property. Just playing up to the P118 crowd. 

On 21/12/2018 at 17:27, Flybynight said:

twat3.JPG.435cd7f906007df66b690e32afbe2a4d.JPG

If I achieve nothing else in life, at least I screengrabbed it and stuck it on twitter before they had a chance to delete it :)

Edited by Man of Kent
sppelimg errers

There's a lot of it about. When I tweeted this I got one landlord replying to say it was all bull and nobody would actually do it. He had to back down after I showed that I'd received a s.21 notice on 24th October last year: carefully timed to expire at Christmas. All for complaining about the damp.